Menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All . . . it seems like ive been in menopause since my 40's and now that im 51, im feeling it. ive been freaking myself out about having cancer and every other thing you can imagine! My muscles ache, headaches, sometimes im hungry, sometimes im not, i just dont feel normal. im sooo tired i feel like i havent slept in months and 6 hrs isnt enough when i could of lived off of 6 hrs easily! Sometimes it seems like i can barely walk, my bones ache so bad. I also am taking synthroid due to a complete thyroidectomy 7 yrs ago and have been on synthroid, have had my blood work done and everything was ok. I feel like a 18 wheeler has hit me . . . is this just symptoms of menopause? i dont want to take any estrogen pills due to breast cancer runs in the family, my mom ended up with breast cancer 4 yrs ago due to taking hormone pills, ive been trying to do everything naturally but geeeez, can i just feel normal and get my energy back up! Ive also been very active my whole life and it just feels like im slipping away, I mean 51 isnt old and i dont want to let whatever this is take over my body! Help!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi khristie, I too had my last period about two years ago and have recently descended into the pit again! All the old meno symptoms returned plus some new ones, I'm at the end of my tether but being involved in this forum helps me realise that I'm not alone. We all need to hang in there, keep looking for answers and remembering that we'll come out the other side much stronger women!! ☺
    • Posted

Amen to that!!! Im glad i found this too . . . i feel a little better knowing its just not me dying LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.