Menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Going through peri menopause feel awfull but docs won't give me anything for a year is there anything I can do to help I feel so exhausted I don't sleep my flushe's are bad head aches I keep crying any ideas please 😔

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

im also on citalopram and it helps me too I also drink at least two cups of chamomile tea a day one being at bed time hope you can find some help
  • Posted

Hey Kim,

(1)Try black cohosh. (see below)

(2) Try fish oil (google Norwegian protocol) 

(3) Flax seeds

(4) Natural progesterone cream (get your levels tested first)

(5) Check your thyroid

(6) If you are eating junk food (white bread, crisps, chocolate, etc.) cut them down to a reasonable level and try a mediterranean type diet.

The German Commission E (the German equivalent of the FDA in the U.S.) approved black cohosh for dysmenorrhea or painful menstruation. The herb is widely used in Europe for the treatment of PMS and for juvenile menstrual problems and even as a support for women who have had a hysterectomy. Black cohosh is considered an emmenogogue, or a substance that promotes menstrual flow, but it is also successfully used by women with excessive menstrual flow, since it has a balancing effect on a woman's glandular system. 

All the best to you.

• Posted

Thank you for advice will go have a look tomorrow x
    • Posted

Some folks (including me) have an odd reaction to Black Cohosh. Tried it a couple of times and had the same reaction- hard to explain.

Both the fish oils and Flax are rich in Omega 3, really good for all sorts of reasons.cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.