Menopause

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am wondering does anyone else suffer with sinus and allergy symptoms more with menopause. I fell like I could lose my mind sometimes with all these crazy symptoms. Headache, pressure, cold sweats it goes on and on.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Linda90246.Yes I was going through the same thing.symptom.I was trying to do it the natural way.I did not work for me.I went to my doc .he put e on Education 0.1 patch the lowest dose.it's been three was now .no flashes no night sweats.I luv it.Now I have to work in the weight I gained after the surgery.when u feel like tht take a deep breath in and out.I hope u feel better

• Posted

My Dr. gave me prescription for Aygestin I am so afraid to try new medicine because of side effects which is stupid because I already feel terrible how much worse could it be.
  • Posted

Dear Linda

Yes, I never suffered so much as I did in peri, watery eyes, especially in the mornings, a year into menopause and the symptoms come and go still!

• Posted

I'm so feel ill now ! I ve got strange throght like a frog is in or a ball. I think I've got thyroid cancer but all comes done at night time . I feel crazy and want to cry. Can't wait for my blood results.😂

• Posted

Hi

I too though had thyroid cancer. Lost my voice, knot on side of neck, ear pain .had these symptoms for 3 straight months then stopped out of blue. I was scared my mom had thyroid cancer,cancer runs like crazy on both sides of the family. All these different symptoms can be very scary. Don't know if something is really wrong.

Though I was alone with feeling this way! !!

• Posted

I to feel my allergies have gotten worse since menopause the dry nose and eyes but they still water the mucus more now I'm always coughing up cold due to my sinuses draining down my throat at night then it makes my mouth taste so nasty my head stays stuffy I also get the Ringing in my ears from being clogged from the drainage grrrrrrrrrr yes your not alone

• Posted

Oh! My God! Thanks God I've got that strange cold THE 3d week and the same! Im crying thinking im mad! Antibiotic doesn't make any difference.

Tell me please haw do you feel?

With me it comes and goes but i would say the same for 3 weeks now.

• Posted

I feel like crap most of the time it's horrible then at times I feel it trickling down my throat I go through so much tissue grrrrrrrrrr I hope this goes away I won't take anything I've been going through all of this naturally not even for the anxiety thanking God that have subsided every blue moon it will peek but I get up get busy and not let it get the best of me please feel free to inbox me so we can stay in touch I'll keep you updated on my symptoms

• Posted

Ok I'm here for u.this site had helped alot also take care and enjoy your day

• Posted

Hi Monique,  I've been through menopause for twenty years and still have year-round allergies  and it began during menopause.  Antibiotics don't help my sinus issues because they are mold-based, not bacterial.  It can be miserable. Some days are better than others.  And I have plugged ears every day, plus ringing ears, plus hearing my heartbeat in my ears, all  the time.  Add in fatigue from chronic fatigue syndrome, occasional vertigo from the plugged ears, and daily heart palpitations  (pounding and arrhythmia both). But over time, I've been able to do more things than I used to.

.  I can't take any medications for the allergies and sinus except for saline nasal spray (because of the heart palpitations). No Sudafed, like I used to use, and no antihystamines (they caused dry eye). Occasionally I use Flonase, but that makes dry eye worse to..  Even with all those things, the anxiety attacks I had during menopause were worse then. I don't get them as often now. And if I pace myself, and rest enough, I can still find meaningful ways to enjoy most days.    Menopause is not for sissies, is it?  Put yourself in the hands of a good doctor. I hope you're dealing better with all this soon  Sending you hugs. Hoping you have better days ahead.

Madge

And, I'm retired, so I enjoy 

• Posted

I forgot to add sometime when my nose is really dry it's hard to breathe through my nose and it makes me light headed grrrrrrrrrr thank you take care prayers for all of us

• Posted

I feel bad today. Dry mouth and nouse, that strange feeling in my right lung or just deep right side of my neck its eachy kind of when i breathe out.OMG
    • Posted

Yes it's because your nose is dry ice been using a lot of saline solution and my best friend now is lemon/ honey cough drops they help soooo much even when I take my morning walk I use them it helps my nose stay clear they work wonders

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.