Menopause and Climaval 1 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , I have been on this site last year, but knee   Replacement forum, and it was so useful I thought ide come back and see if I can get some advice with  menopause problems now. I had a  hysterectomy 8 yrs ago , and have been   Struggling on with symptoms , I've hot flushes mood swings and joint pains ever since, . I didn't want to go on to HRT as I lost my mum just after my  hysterectomy ,due to breast cancer, which she was told by her surgeon at the time was  properly  caused by the HRT that she had been on, . Which she started on nine yrs  previously , and the cancer first showed its ugly head about 8 months after she went on the HRT. But having seen consultants ect who tell me, that because of the length of time my mum was actually on it, it was I fact quite unlikely that that was the cause. So after nearly 8 yrs of worrying about it , I couldn't stand it any longer, the hot flushes and mood swings are one thing , but the joint pains are so  debilitating , they first said it was  fibromyalgia , then after 5 years ruled that out,mainly due to the fact that I have  Osteo arthritis in my knees, which is why I had the half knee replacements in both legs,  so   Recently they did  x-rays on upper body, looking for the same, but nothing, so now they say it's caused by menopause , so I'm on 1 mg climaval, and in to my 3 rd week, and no change,. Any body else on it for the joints? Do I need to be upped ? I was sooo hoping it would work, I'm terrified I'll go the same way as mum, I can hear her saying already, " I told you so" but at the same time, I don't sleep, I have great knees now but walking in the cold weather with the dogs kills my upper body, I just want my life back.😩Would be great full for your input. .

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Mandy just want to tell you my experience on climaval. Full hysterectomy at age 41 went on climaval never felt better in my life, absolutely no side effects just felt wonderful. After 15 years my gp took me off them. Within months my bones all ached i felt tired and generally ill. Hospital diagnosed severe lack of calcium and vitamins and given supplements. Still felt unwell, went back to gp after 2 years and said can i please go back on it as i know my health has suffered since withdrawal. I know there is supposed to be risks long term but if you read up on it it is minimal. I am now 60 still on the climval, my bones no longer hurt or ache and i am very fit and healthy and plan to stay on it for as long as i can. Atill no side effects other than feeling good so my advice is go for it! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.