Menopause and suicide

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi

For the last two years I have been suffering with severe depression and am suicidal.  I have attempted suicide because of the feelings that the menopause have created it's hell and pure torture.  I am so scared to get my next period as I've just dragged myself through the last one and did want to commit suicide, surely there must be some help out there, I live in the U.K.  Can anyone help, can these feeling be treated, can anyone share there experience with me?  Thanks

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dr Jordan B Peterson says, " Treat yourself as though you were someone worth helping".  If you saw someone else posting that they anted to kill themselves and they needed help, your first thought would be to say to them "Don't kill yourself, you will get through this".  So look at yourself as that person and say, " Don't kill yourself.  You can get help.  It is such a waste to do this terrible thing when it could come to an end soon and you would have the rest of your life to live".  You are worth helping.  Let a doctor help you.

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I just remembered, I just wanted to also say , my advice is not to take prescription drugs.., took xanax , a benzo drug, and it made it 100x worse.. also, just take one day at a time, Sue

• Posted

I know you don't want to feel that way. Hopefully, your friends and family understand. Please don't hurt yourself. Remember, any time you want to talk, we are here for you.

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I too have been terribly anxious and depressed for about 2 years now.. please dont' do anything rash.. keep reminding yourself that your feelings are not rational, that it is chemicals and hormones that is contributing to this.. what I do is i take natural herbs to relax.. one being chamomile tea.. and I eat healthy.. research online foods that help you to relax , and foods that you should avoid.. also, I myself pray.. because I know that God will help me to get through this.. watch uplifting videos and articles, and also ones that you can relate to.. there are so many women who go through this.. you will survive it.. God bless, Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.