Menopause at 44- is HRT a must

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi, I started the menopause over a year ago.

until recently I felt awful, exhaustion, hot flushes, insomnia etc.

most of the symptoms have calmed down expect starting to feel completely drained again, and looking like I aged 15 years in the past year and I am slightly stiff.

i decided not to take H R T and just vitamins as was very nervous that there was side effects I.e cancer.

now I am thinking that I should be taking it as I read that it helps protect the heart and bones.

just looking for advise, if HRT helps with fatique

thanks

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

From what I have. Even reading it is safe and estrogen does protect the heart as long as u have not had a heart condition in the past and are in your 60's. I am a mammographer and breast CA is always in the back of my mind but my quality of life is 100% better. I'd rather feel good in the moment than worry about what might happen down the road. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.