Menopause causing confusion and upset

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've just found this Forum but have noticed the last post was 2 mnths ago so dont want to go on if everyone has left would really apreciate any advice from any women aged 50+ or just even an ear to listen as feel very alone X

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Arlene I two just recently found this and although I am only 47 would be more than happy to be an ear👂🏼. All of my friends are younger than me and I'm sure sick and tired of listening to me talk about my weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia etc... So I too feel very alone. I may not have a whole lot of advice but I am a great listener.
  • Posted

Hey Arlene I'm here to listen and going through Peri.

Can I help in anyway?

Marley X

• Posted

Hi Arlene.

I am sorry you're  a bit low...

In here the posts are active and running. Many people post and don't go through  other people’s posts but I guess that’s the way it is.  What are your issues? Are you on HRT? Don’t feel supported by your doctors?

• Posted

Hi

Im 48 been in perimenopause for 8 years. Like the other ladies happy to talk.

Believe me I know how hard it can be x

• Posted

Peri for 8 years😒 say it isn't so!! I have been peri for about 3 years now and am already feeling at the end of my rope😣 how long must one suffer with this affliction ARG!!! When I was younger I thought cramps were the worst thing ever!! Now I would give anything for that to be my only problem.
  • Posted

Hi arlene,

Snap, I feel I dont know my self anymore, and the worst thing is that all around me have no idea what going on with me. My husband is oblivious to what the menapause is all about. All I see when I look in the mirror or photographs is a woman I don't recognise. I'm fifty two and can't bare to think this could last for years to come.

• Posted

Ruth the struggle is real !!! Ugh!! I do have to say tho hearing others say the same types of things I'm saying is in a small way helpful it does make me feel not so alone.
    • Posted

Hi Ruth

I can completely relate to the looking in the mirror and seeing a completely different person in the reflection!

I have good and bad days and can't wait to be a newer version of me to appear like the Phoenix from the fire!!!

It does really help to read the posts on here, although sometimes it does feel as if you are the only person feeling this way!

I've booked an appointment to have accupunture, so hopefully that might help!!

Stay strong ladies 💕

• Posted

Thanks for that Marley, because I don't talk to many ladies I feel so alone. I never thought turning fifty would bring this! I don;t want to take HRT as I have a friend who is a Mac Millan nurse and has advised me to avoid it. My sister is fifty eight and still going through it thats why i'm feeling so down, Not sure what to do next and why when I read Arlene's post it touched me.
  • Posted

Arlene you are not alone.  I have beenin this group for about 6 months and found it really helpful.  I understand your feelings because I am experiencing them too.  I feel like a different entity...not like a woman and have had many many symptoms.  I have resorted to HRT and things have improved.  Joints much better and anger subsided and hot flushes gone. Bladder also better but I am having a flare up just now because I had a few glasses of wine....never again!!!  HRT and alcohol do not mix especially with my baldder issues.  I still get night sweats and anxiety but not willing to put up dose of HRT.  I will listen to you any time as I do read other peopel's posts!!  Feel free to just say how you feel because I have and generally got support.  Welcome to our little clan.XX
    • Posted

Hi Margaret, I see you say you have started HRT. This is me also. How long did it take for the HRT to settle things down. I've only been on it just over a week and it's a bit of a roller coaster at the moment. 
    • Posted

Hi there I have been on it about 6 weeks and began to see a difference after a month.  My joints improved as did my bladder and internal rages.It is still a bit difficult as bleeding and still quite anxious!  I have to go for an internal exam of my womb due to bleeding issues so a bit uptight about that.  I think it can take up to 3 months for everything to settle so hang in there.  I do feel much better and once these health issues are sorted I hope things will improve further.XXX
    • Posted

Thanks Margaret. It's the muscle and joint pain that is the main issue for me. I'll hang on I. There and hope for some improvement then. It all feels a bit bit worse at the moment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.