Menopause causing confusion and upset

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've just found this Forum but have noticed the last post was 2 mnths ago so dont want to go on if everyone has left would really apreciate any advice from any women aged 50+ or just even an ear to listen as feel very alone X

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Happy to listen. I'm 50 also and understand how lonely all this can be. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Arlene

so sorry you are feeling like this. At 46 I feel very afraid also . After overcoming serious illness this feels like the final blow but it will pass and thus forum is so very helpful. It is hard when your peer group isn't experiencing it. But we all are and the advice on here is very supportive x

• Posted

hi arlene 51 here just new this all myself approx six months but if i can help with anything im here to listen anytime x sorry ur feeling low x
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your message,yes iam feeling very low and everyday is a struggle for me with horrible cold sweats(making me feel as if iam sitting in my fridge) especially around my neck and down my back also terrible mood swings and irritability,it's really scaring me. The Dr put me on a new HRT low dose treatment today but not sure wether to take it or use a vitamin/supplement i bought from the supermarket can you advise me on any of this as iam very confused and not sure what to do ?
    • Posted

Hi hun

Ive not taken hrt as yet my doctor is reluctant to put ne on it. Not quite sure why. Cant offer any advice on what works cause I havent found it yet. But im sure there are lots of ladies on here that can. I am on an AD mirtazapine and it defo helped with the anxiety and depression side of it x

• Posted

Just read all your lovely messages of support thanks to all who commented so glad there are still women on here willing to help each other . My doctor has put me on a new small dose of HRT but iam afraid to take it over the week-end i took vitamins and a supplement called Menopace i cant decide which one to go with,also i have started bleeding again for the first time in 6yrs really bizarre dont have a clue what my body is doing from minute to minute, even the thought of walking my dog just now is filling me with dread and i have no energy to do housework etc just feel awful !! Us women deserve a medal
    • Posted

Hi Arlene, I was in the same boat 10 days ago. My Dr gave me low dose HRT and I was scared stiff to try it . I've started in now and to be honest I've not found it much help yet but I think I'm being impatient. The Dr said I need to give it a couple of months to see if it works. I'm the same age as you. It's so difficult to cope day to day. Hugs. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.