Menopause has ruined me

Posted , 27 users are following.

This is more of a rant so i can feel better but is it just me or has perimenopause/menopause changed and ruined your life? Life as i once knew it will never be the same, i feel like im living in purgatory day after day....leading in to year after year, every month seems to keep getting worse! This horrible journey began for me 6 years ago when i was still in my 30s, i would pray every week that things would get better or after my period went away i would feel a little better...i can say this i havent seen a period in over 200 days and i feel worse! Over the years i have tried antidepressants (made things worse) tried hormones (made things worse) tried eating a little better (didnt notice any difference), tried vitamins with no change, tried probiotic and noticed no difference.....i have even been in counseling for 5 years in case its "all in my head".....nothing has helped me. My days now constist of waking up every morning not wanting to get out of bed, i drag myself to my bathroom to take my bath, i look in the mirror and see a bony sick lady who looks twice her age staring back at me. I try to force myself to eat throughout the day (im lucky if i get 4 bites in me), then for the next 12 hours i fight nausea and lower gut gurgling while the food attempts to digest, i feel tired and so depressed, i cant go any place or else my anxiety explodes, i cant feel happy about anything cause my stomach hurts, my head hurts, i feel lightheaded/dizzy, i have a ringing in my ears, i have lost most of my sense of taste, i have NO sex drive, i have facial twitches that i had never had before in my life, insomnia at times, my skin and hair are so dry nothing helps it.....and after having several medical tests the dr tells me "You are a completely healthy woman"! This is not healthy and i feel as though menopause has taken so much from me. I feel like im in the movie groundhog day where im reliving the same nightmarish day over and over, nothing is changing! I am so sorry all of you strong women have to suffer with this same problem as i do....they should label it a disease not a transition!

15 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi brandy yes to it all and also on top of it all very bad migraines with weird auras lots of numbness off balance ext.. And also OCD makes it all so bad it is a daily battle .. I do test positive for ra and hashimotos which never in my life had either so those symptoms can be very bad as well.. A lot of woman have underlying autoimmune diseases that go undetected with peri/menopause it can make it down right debilitating.. My suggestions to you is to definitely eat what you can nutrition is very important to just be taking 4 bites thru out the day can be very bad and making things much worse I was the same.. You are going to feel bad regardless so try and put more of the nutrients into your body and eventually your body will adapt.. I started to eat low histamine and low inflammation diet I eat low fat turkey meat that I cook everyday eggs salads no dressings or condiments seeds veggies broccoli potatoes I get away with those even though they are from the nightshade family and lots and lots of apples and applesauce cantaloupe fruit lots of water, and I eat some hershey milk chocolate bars squares no gluten in them I have rice every other day eventually I started to feel better with my joints and thyroid menopause still has a grip but not as bad but still do suffer, I do have A lot of the gurgling stomach issues belching trapped air like I can't get that deep breath then palpatations all from the stomach issues, its a battle but if I were you I'd be forcing myself to get healthy foods into me no gluten or breads cook everything no process anything for the most part no lunchmeat s nine of that, I know I feel better after and its boring but the diet is key and 100 % necessary.. Hope you find what works for you and feel better soon.. Also those auto immune diseases can be hard to detect maybe ask doctor to test your antibodies for hashimotos and rheumatoid arthritis lupus ms all of that, meno and autoimmune equal bad symptoms

• Edited

Thanks for the reply, i do think i have to have an underlying autoimmune issue cause ive never fekt this bad in my life! I find it hard to believe that hormones can make one so sick physically and mentally. I do try to eat broiled or grilled chicken meat, natural peanut butter, applesauce, yogurt, crackers and eggs. I learned my lesson awhile back i had to cut out all lunchmeat, bacon, sausage, most processed foods. i can have dairy tho cause i tried eliminating it for 2 weeks then reintroduced and i noticed no difference. i just want this to end, im so exhausted mentally and physically

• Edited

i Don't know what to say actually or to explain how i feel about this whole thing sometimes i get really scared but i trust God. for some days, i Haven't slept well, every night i shake inside due to cold but sweaty at the same time. my clothes will be wet but my head and the whole of my body will be shaky. i am really worried about it and like am just helpless cant help myself. is it part of peri cos i still see my period but light though. i have spent so much on supplement's but nothing seems to be working. i need help really. God pls help me. my head is always heavy and i hit it most times to be sure there's nothing wrong.

• Edited

It is very scary isnt it? When this all first started happening i would be so sick during ovulation and my periods i would vomit all the time. I thought i was dying of something they just couldnt find....but then finally once my periods stopped my estrogen and progesterone showed up being very low. So the drs were like thats all it is other than that you healthy now take hormones and go enjoy your life.....what life!!?? This is debilitating and miserable

• Edited

Brandy. i am so pleased ive read this rant its so good to know i am not alone i feel so ill all the time. im lucky if i make it to a bath lately. the anxiety is a living hell. i too look at myself & i dont even know this person looking back at me ive aged about 10 years and ive only been feeling like crap for months not years. im 49 and having the most heavy periods ive even had. i have 2 heavy periods per month. i feel like i cant stand up & walk properly.

tummy never shuts up i get really weird sensations all in my torso, hip tingling and near my private area. no one ever told me it was this bad. some women sail through this why cant that be us? ive had to stop working & finding that a massive struggle but still cant get out of this nightmare. i lie in my bedroom with tv on curtains drawn in darkness. i pray for 7pm to come so its dark outside. lol its so stupid dont know why or where that anxiety has come from? good luck to you girl x

• Edited

Oh man i feel so bad for you going through such heavy bleeding on top of how awful you feel! Hopefully your periods will come to an end soon! I do the same thing i just want night time to come so i can go to sleep to escape how im feeling....i used not to ever be like that! And i will be honest i sometimes take sponge baths cause i just have no energy to wash my hair. And my mom sailed through this crap with just hotflashes!!! Whoever said your menopause will be like your mothers was is full of crap! I hope you feel better soon....at least give us a few good days every week is that too much to ask!?

• Edited

Brandy i would love to have 1 day feeling like i used to. i was a workaholic up until this kicked my ass. i dont leave my house unless its for doctors or hospital appointments. it all just sucks the life outta you. big hugs love all the way from England x

• Edited

I'm in your club joo808. Same here! Could have wrote that myself! Big hugs love from Orlando, Florida.

• Posted

i too have/am going through this. i started HRT and thought i was going to kick this terrible nightmare i used to pray for just one day please just one day. And then it happened i got one day and then i got greedy and wanted more than one day. im not sure what is worse having one day, thinking its ok, i can do this, and then it gets snatched from you. and u are right back in the hole. i think sometimes maybe i should have stayed in that hole because that slight glimmer of hope being taken away is heart wrenching. stay strong ladies

• Edited

i know that feeling, ive been going through this for longer than peri with antidepressant withdrawal, i just about got over that and peri kicked in, im exhausted xx

• Edited

I am same. Every month something new. Giant fibroid because of hormone fluctuations that prevent me from taking hormones and terrified of surgery. Hair shedding everywhere, so depressing. Saggy skin, weird face bumps they call "wisdom warts" that are super pricey to remove. Exhausted all the time and worried about my immune system esp now with corona. Yet up all night and can't sleep. Up last night since 2am. And whenever I look at men the same age they look fine. And anxiety has been really bad. Heart racing. Always wondering what is wrong with you and doctors don't take you seriously. It is dehabilitiing. Hang in there, you are not alone. I am trying to get up courage for fibroid and dermoid surgery so I can try hormone cycling.

• Posted

Forgot to mention terrible "phantom tooth pain" they can't figure out after losing a cracked molar. Now pain on other teeth and still single thinking who wants to date this hot mess of a hag 😦

• Edited

i have had a lot if dental issues myself! And they still cant explain why ive lost most of my taste and then when i can taste very occasionally it tastes metallic or gross!! Men have it so much easier dont they? I will admit i am bitter as hell towards the male species!

• Edited

ive had tooth abcess & had to have my tooth removed. has for men i dont hate anyone enough to land them with me ha. i just couldnt put anyone through this. feel totally like a witch looking forward to halloween

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.