menopause hrt and antidepressant

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi laddies looking for advice please my menopause nurse has changed hrt from everol to levial I started first pill today but my gp gave me floxitine last week cause I was depressed.I am wondering what is one of drugs don't agree with me I will not know what one is causing the prob so am I better of not taking floxitine just to see if levial helps with my depression.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 5 on levial.and my left leg from bum to foot is painful and swallen felt couple hot flushes and cried all day could this be result of stopping the patches
    • Posted

Hi Beverley. It could be as a result of changing hrt, but to be on the safe side I would go to the doc's & get your leg checked asap . Not trying to scare or anything, but swelling & pain in leg could possibly be a sign of blood clot/thrombosis, so see if you can get a same day appointment to get it checked out. Although the increased risk of blood clots with hrt is small, it's something we all need to be aware of. What exactly is your hrt regimen now hun? is levial a combined patch, do you take separate progesterone tablets? how long each month or continuous patch? (trying to understand what you're on with all the questionsbiggrin xxx
    • Posted

Hi hun my leg is much better today. I do have some thread veins below my knee that spreads out also I have had this pain before it feels like nerve pain.anyway I was in everol patches up until last week me and hubby has split up due to the way I was feeling I didn't want to be around him and wasn't sure if my feelings had gone so it's now been 4 weeks since he left.but talking about maybe just courting eachother again till I see how I feel since being on the patches for 2 months I became very depressed so I called my gp he gave me floxitine but 2 days later my meno nurse called and said to stop the patches and start this pill livial which is not a hormine like the patches are.livial works on the brain to help make more hormines as such.the nurse thinks this might help my mood .but I stopped taking floxitine as taking them both might complacency thungs if I have any symptoms I won't know if it's the hrt of floxitine so I'm trying without the ad for now.I think I feel a little better .I just hate the feeling of sadness and feeling Linley. I feel everythung is going on I am trying to cope with menopause for 3 month and now break up of my marraige it's so hard and not knowing what way to go.I take 2.5 mg livial every morning
    • Posted

Hi Bev, yes it's all coming back to me now. Your hubby is really trying isn't he (I don't mean trying as in difficult, I mean trying as in helpbiggrin The livial I haven't heard of , but definately another approach by trying to get your body to make more hormones as opposed to supplementing them with hrt. Worth a try especially if coming from the mno nurse - did she say if she'd had success with it with other patients? I think you are right not doing the fluoxetine at same time - as you won't know what's working/what's not. Good you are "courting" with your hubby too, rather than writing off your marriage, as you know you are not yourself at the moment through NO fault of your own. How long a trial of the livial did your meno nurse suggest? Keep us posted hun, good to talk to you. Please try & keep your pecker up. xxx
    • Posted

Hi hun.yes hubby is sportive day 7 of new 0ills and bad cramping as though I going to have a period but I don't bleed as got Coil.in been feeling realy low today crying all day.my mood comes and goes .I hate this feeling so much.had argument with my 14 yr old last night all because she found out my husband text me she went mad saying I thought you both were finished I think she likes it just me and her but I feeling scared to even mention my husband to her .I understand she has feelings to she thinks that it's him that makes me unhappy which sometimes is true but I think it meno that making my feelings bigger I struggling to cope now I feel I at end of road so emotional today.
    • Posted

O feel like o want to write a book on here on how I feel.I feel I am to blame for my break up now cause of the way I am
    • Posted

Oh Beverley. A 14yr old daughter to cope with too!!! young hormones kicking about with her as well I don't doubt. If it were me, I would have a heart to heart with her. Tell her what you are going through with peri is overwhelming the real you & everything in your life at the moment. It IS NOT your fault - there is NO-ONE to blame except mother bloody nature!!! explain how supportive your hubby has been & the dreadful symptoms of peri is what's ruined your marriage, NOT him making you unhappy & you are trying (with his help) to rise above the false unhappiness peri is causing you. Your daughter will no doubt be going through hormone changes at her age too - you can have heart to heart's any time together to comfort one another in a mum/daughter way. Try to keep telling yourself Bev that you are in NO WAY to blame for anything that has happened - this is nature doing this to you, hiding the real you. Maybe even get your daughter to read your last 2 posts & this answer to help her understand a little?? xxx
    • Posted

Thanks so much I will let her read this today also I will look online for something else maybe examples of how others feel
  • Posted

Hi lady's a wee update been 9n lival 3 weeks now and notice I am much calmer now .still have days were I get tummy cramps but I can cope with that .and hot flushes have came back slightly.only thing that hasn't changed is sex drive it is totally dead.hoping it c9me back soon xx

• Posted

Hi Beverley. so glad you are starting to feel better hun. stick with it. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.