Menopause is driving me nuts!

Posted , 10 users are following.

It's so nice to know that I'm not going crazy or dying.  I was just diagnosed a month ago as being in menopause and it's driving me nuts.  I have had bouts with anxiety but it had subsided a few years ago, and i had stopped taking the antidepressant I was on until a month ago; after that, I was checked out and told I was in menopause; in which in turn my doctor told me that with me having an underlying issue with anxiety, menopause can make it a little harder on me, so of course I'm back on my antidepressant (the anxiety has eased up a little bit) but I would surely love for it to stop completely.  I have the dizziness, the depression, the increased/decreased in libido.  Sometimes I feel like I'm about to run out my own skin.  Will the symptoms ever stop?!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am beginning to think this is forever! 😟😟

• Posted

It's not Jokey, believe me, I feel like that sometimes too, but I tell myself that this will be done soon and then I can go back to being the outgoing person I used to be.  This morning I'm going through some anxiety, but I think it's because I consumed a little bit too much sugary food yesterday; now I'm paying for it.  We'll get through this.  Blessings to you.

• Posted

I have heard it said that your libido comes back when

you are through it but I don't see how that is possible

as you have lost the hormones. Any clue how that

happens, I am feeling a bit desperate about that at the

moment as I feel sorry for Mr D (hubby)??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.