Menopause & living in a nightmare

Posted , 12 users are following.

so i'm peri i having a rough time with it feeling unbalanced in my head & shoulder feels like i'm swaying half the time annoying when they come on beacuse this makes me worry more then there is the cold feet & hands joined by pins & needles in legs & hands then along the way jerking in sleep headaches in morning hot sweats only at night but worse thing is not being able switch of to sleep because swaying in my head then the jerking wakes me its horrible night after night, twitching in my legs really tired ,weak feeling & i'm always suffering with back ache i swear my mind is always on 1 thinking whats wrong with me nowhere near that girl i was b4 this started, being more bed bound cause ov all these horrible feelings..tried to ring a helpline just to make sure i wasnt going mentally crazy i really thought i'd be better off being sectioned because i cant cope my way of coping so far crying fits

6 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Edited

hi diane i totally understand having a bad day today feeling just as you describe tired jelly buzzy legs headache off balance sore stomach & my back is so painful like a burning i cannot believe hormones can make us feel so ill sending a hug x

• Edited

aw thank u, ano its all so draining when you have loads of the symptoms all at once!. frustration/ frustrated like you want to feel urself but have no control of whats happening to ur body every day now is winding me up & freaking me totally out..emotional wreck!

all i keep thinking is i'm never going to get back to work this is also making life harder for me just over thinking instead of trying to get better its like a vicious circle!..i hope most women can relate to this & give me some advice on coping xx

• Edited

ive suffered really bad daily for about 7 months on my 3rd type of hrt but no improvement yet infact i think the headache is hrt induced! its my lower left burning back which is sending my health anxiety through the roof at the minute, i really want to take my daughter to the sales but im struggling to even get in the shower today just want to crawl back to bed x

• Edited

wow ur 3rd attempt of hrt omg i'm hoping for my first attempt to work just started on the evorel patches you never think you'l have a rough time, my mum breezed thru it but she was in her late 50s b4 getting menopausal horrible aint it feeling guilty for not being able to do certain thing that we could do before do frustrating, i've been on auto pilot for 3 wks now hitting hard like you i havent been able to do much with my kids saddens me as its not their fault that mum feels so crappy really is just a case of getting thru the day now, ur not alone on that score i cant even seem to bring myself to get out of bed its like a safe place if that makes any sense x

• Edited

the guilt is terrible ive 3 children 10, 15 & 18 so fortunately they are older so not as dependant, i dont work either there is absolutely no way i could feeling like this. i sat on the bedroom floor for an hour this morning mustering up the energy to have a shower, like you i just function to get through the day. im on evorel sequi & have just added an extra patch because they werent strong enough, fingers crossed we both feel relief soon xxx

• Edited

how bad it makes us feel like trapped in way nobody could understand unless there going through it themselves i swear every day climbing the walls with my brain too least my two kids understand a little with them being teenagers but downside is i h8t them seeing me cry about 6 times & yh crossed fingers that these patches will work at some point only had mine on a day tho so got wks of torture a head in the mean time ๐Ÿ˜ฆ think i'l end up mentally ill b4 these crack in tho thats how bad my brain works over time

need to find out how peeps switch of there mind from it all even joined a few groups on fb but these are just going on about nature ways of solving it & just a case of hang in there easy said than done hey! xx

• Posted

meant to of asked you how old r u ? are u going thru peri as i'm 43 & started early x

• Posted

yes in peri very slight issues started about two years ago with achy joints but then 7 months ago hit me like a train! ive not long turned 46, i really hope you feel the benefit of the patch straight away a lot of women do, maybe i just dont absorb very well? have you tried meditation to calm your mind at bedtime? i was very sceptical but love it now you have to persevere with it though, find an app on your phone plug your earphones in & drift off to sleep. must admit it irritates me when people say go for a walk it helps but its so hard when you physically feel ill & anxious to even leave the house sometimes!

• Edited

ano when you do try & get out its hard work u have an empty mind like lack of anything going in or out of it feeling weird like ur not all there!..draining day to day , i tried the music via headphones like u suggested no joy tried sleeping in a different position still no better so seems insomnia now driving myself round the twist too!..so yh i'm hoping these patches start cracking in soon & not be months ..so many things were missing out on because its got a grip of us! would love just to beable to smile again or even laugh but nope my body would rather just shut down completely & finding crying 12 times a day asking myself the same questions wots going on why cant i control my mind!..i wouldnt wish this condition on any1 thats gods honest truth..doesnt make it any easier that covid taking over!

• Posted

im sorry the music didnt work have a look at insight timer on the app store but what works for one doesnt work for another, but lack of sleep is awful. im struggling on today also so tired & no motivation to do anything. just want to curl up till its all over including covid, you totally sum it up living a nightmare x

• Posted

aw ano that feeling to well u've done really well as its not easiest thing to live with but ur stronger than u think, i give u credit because ur advice has really helped me so much i appreciated it a lot i've only had 3 months of it & i'm like a sad mess none of my friends have gone thru this yet & my female family membs breezed thru so i've basically had zero advice from anyone, i dont want to be bitching & moaning over it but when ur living in a total frustration nothing much more u can do but start looking for ur own answers & hope u get those answers or at least kno ur not on ur own! xx

• Edited

thats a beautiful thing to say have tears in my eyes reading that, you are stronger than you know too we both need to remind ourselves! you b***h & moan away because unless youve been through it you dont understand how hard it is, keep posting on here because theres always someone who totally gets it xx

• Edited

true fact indeed i'm glad i come across this site now as it has helped me understand & settled some of my concerns & we all need that bit of peace of mind ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

• Posted

on ur patches how did they make u feel when they started kicking in at first?..did they make u feel restless like you could sleep for a wk ? x

• Posted

I WAS SUFFERING REALLY BADLY WITH SO MANY SYMPTOMS. THEY ARE TOO LONG TO LIST. I BECAME HOME BOUND. I VISITED MANY DOCTORS AND TRIED MANY HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES. I WAS PRESCRIBED THE GEL FORM OF ESTROGEN . AFTER 8 WEEKS I FELT IT DID NOT WORK. THEN I WENT ONTO THE EVOREL PATCH, I WAS INITIALLY TOLD TO BE PATIENT. FOR SOME WOMEN IT WORKS QUICKER THAN OTHERS . AFTER 6 to 8 MONTHS I FELT THE DIFFERENCE. I AM CURRENTLY ON THE EVOREL PATCH AND AND DULOXETINE. I AM ALMOST BACK TO NORMAL WITH EXTREMELY MILD SYMPTOMS. I FEEL THAT I AM GETTING STRONGER AND BETTER ALL THE TIME. IT WORKED FOR ME AFTER A YEAR OF SUFFERING.

• Posted

hi sheila glad u've got it under control hunni one question did the patches make you feel tired at the beginning of them working ? x

• Posted

to be honest ive feel tired since june when peri symptons really ramped up & still feel tired even with the patches, take it one day a time & slowly we will hopefully see some energy levels returning, my gp said 3 months to see an improvement. do you keep a diary to write down your symptons x

• Posted

Hi Diane, I had tiredness for a while. My energy levels picked up really slowly . You have to be patient and give it time to work in your body. Remember hormones were being depleted in your body over a period of time. So you have to give it time to build up and also repair damage that was done . It has helped relieve symptoms in many women suffering with menopause. My GP told me that he attended a conference where they were shown women in their 80's swimming and exercising. They were very fit with lots of energy leading a normal life on HRT. I was also advised that it is very well researched . You have to go for Mammograms and pap smears as advised by your health care practitioner. I hope that helps. Wish you all the best dear.

• Posted

Yes what you saying is exactly true. Take it one day at a time. Be kind to yourself and rest a lot allowing your body to heal. Be positive in your mind. Eat healthy and drink lots of water. YOUR HEALING WILL DEFINITELY COME WITH TIME DEAR.

• Posted

i swear i cant get my head in gear tho been so low back to jerking in my sleep & spinning sensation need to stop worrying but easy said than done

• Posted

I also used to have that spinning sensation with head pressure which i could not handle. I used to lay down .

Have you had your vitamin D checked. Mine was LOW. I am on D3 supplement as well. Vitamin D ACTS LIKE A HORMONE IN THE BODY. Read about vitamin D. Its amazing. I HAD SO MANY SYMPTOMS, ANXIETY AND FEAR OF EVERYTHING EVEN ANSWERING THE PHONE MADE ME HOUSE BOUND. I FEAR NOTHING NOW.

• Posted

I Should mention I still have weird head sensations. They are not bad. They are mild. I can cope with it. I am truly grateful for that. Give yourself time and you will heal.

• Edited

You are most welcome dear. We have to help each other to get through this. โค

• Posted

anything help with back ache or jerking or hot flushes ? sleeping now is so bad 3 hours per night & cant seem to sleep during the day my mind doesnt let me cant figure out if i should be on some kinda vitamins or something to calm these down a bit ?

• Posted

I also suffered bad insomnia. I was on sleeping pills as I could not fall off to sleep. After being on EVEROL PATCH AND TAKING VITAMIN D3 AND MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE my sleep improved. I am off sleeping pills a long while. My back pain has improved but not completely gone i still suffer pain but its bearable. Hope that helps. Sending love and blessing.

• Posted

hi sheila thanks just took a few pain killers for my back & they helped as for magnesium does this help muscle twitching & jerking ?

still getting these & so tired today been feeling like im going cold turkey or having with drawal symptoms just total zonked out!...really is getting me down where i feel that i'm so ill i need to be in hospital all time thinking i've got another underline problem menopause!

• Posted

Diane i feel just like you today dont know how im functioning my back is so painful im sure i need to be in hospital too no one understands how we feel because we look okay! my arms feel like they are buzzing do strange i dont even have the energy to cry today x

• Edited

horrible all the symptoms ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿคจ i'm curling up today lack of energy too lets hope we start feeling better soon!..its all annoying (give us a break) all u wanna do is feel better & just do a bit instead of feeling so low xx

as they say chin up who ever said that quote neva had menopause must of been a man ๐Ÿ™„ xx

• Posted

Hi Diane, Magnesium is used for muscle relaxation. It also helps with relaxation if you are suffering from stressed.

So sorry you feel this way. Take care GOD BLESS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.