Menopause & living in a nightmare

Posted , 12 users are following.

so i'm peri i having a rough time with it feeling unbalanced in my head & shoulder feels like i'm swaying half the time annoying when they come on beacuse this makes me worry more then there is the cold feet & hands joined by pins & needles in legs & hands then along the way jerking in sleep headaches in morning hot sweats only at night but worse thing is not being able switch of to sleep because swaying in my head then the jerking wakes me its horrible night after night, twitching in my legs really tired ,weak feeling & i'm always suffering with back ache i swear my mind is always on 1 thinking whats wrong with me nowhere near that girl i was b4 this started, being more bed bound cause ov all these horrible feelings..tried to ring a helpline just to make sure i wasnt going mentally crazy i really thought i'd be better off being sectioned because i cant cope my way of coping so far crying fits

6 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi , i have every thing u are going through , anxiety so high , get of to sleep only to jerk awake and feel like i cant breathe , its so scary , every night i get it , pains in my hips and back are awful , am 53 and been going through this for about 4 years , have high bp , and vertigo to add to this awful list , dont know if im coming or going most days , head weird , weird thoughts etc , list goes on and on !!!!!

• Edited

I'm feeling very much the same with a whole load of symptoms including air hunger, stomach issues and upset tummy, hot flashes, chills, feeling weak, exhausted, nauseous, jelly legged, no motivation to do anything, lack of appetite. The list goes on.

I feel utterly hopeless and scared. Wish i could wave a wand over us all and make things better.

• Edited

hi karen the thoughts rolling around inside ya head not beable to think clearly omg seriously one of the most annoying things on the menopause list u get to point of doubting everything h8ting everything getting so annoyed at simple things then the thoughts of never getting better feeling trapped in i keep thinking i want to be sectioned or want to take my brain out & wash it keep going from frustration of crying fit to need to be hospitalized ..so for pins & needles i started taking b12 they calmed down slightly still get the jerking tho as for the vertigo asked a few peeps about this & really had no feed back there as clueless to it themselves if the vertigo when ur standing bending or just sitting does it affect your walking off balance?

• Posted

me too would wave that wand like a fairy godmother & end the suffering of menopause to all, makes me gutted that i'm a women now said to my mum not had it easy l've had 2 miscarriages & pcos all my life now bloody early menopause with every symptom going 😫 give me break & now just found out i could be going thru this for yrs..sucks sucks sucks

• Edited

Hi , vertigo was when, i was bending down , room spun so bad , so scary , i also get the awful of balance feeling standing as well , dizziness comes and goes , its so draining ,, just had enough of all this , as im sure you ladies have , lets be here for each other , really helps to know we are not alone in all this madness xx

• Posted

i was putting mine down to bad posture because as the bones start to weaken as you go thru the change so i thought that was why i was getting vertigo ended up on womens wellbeing multi vitamins thinking they may help strengthen the bones thought anything is worth a shot see if they helped scary as mine was because totally un usual getting spinning fits in my sleep & couldnt find any answers to why in my sleep was hoping hrt would solve the issue however my patches started to work last night i found i had a better sleep less spinning only downside is i'm still tired & could easy sleep for a wk & was rocking slightly when i woke up not sure if these are side effects from these patches or what just another issues to deal with & u wonder if its normal & will it calm down at some point u think once taking hrt ur in control but far from it..not sure if i feel worse or better at this point

r u on hrt karen if so what r u taking to control it ?xx

• Edited

hi karen

the vertigo has come back to me after a couple of years free from it, i was just bending down one day like yourself them boom the room was spinning which makes me feel sick.

iv had the off balance and falling forward/ dizziness feeling for about 6 years on and off but i feel i cant stand for long as my legs turn to jelly on a daily basis.

iv got to go back to work tomorrow and im dreading it.

like you say it really helps to know im not alone and it takes some of the anxiety away when i read the ladies post and know they are just the same.

sending love and comfort x

• Edited

Hi no not on HRT , i do take menopace daily, does help , but to be honest i am just riding it out !!! been weeks where i thought i was going to end up in a mental home , my thoughts were racing (all bad of course ) legs like jelly , sweats , anxiety the works , back ache of the scale , still is now !! , soo tired all the time , and now this vertigo !!! ohh and the jerking awake ! some days are ok ish but majority are hellish ,,, will it ever end !!! sending hope and love xx

• Edited

Hi , yes me to back to work , am dreading it as well , the light headed feeling and swaying is awful , and anxiety makes it all 100 times worse , be strong ,you can do it , we all can , all in this together xx

• Edited

hi karen i seem to be getting the jerking now it really taking tole on my sleeping pattern & the vertigo is that a spinning or sway sensation in the head & shoulders

couldnt even take my tree down yesterday without feeling dizzy & kind thought i was lossing balance all my weight waa on my left do u get that in ur vertigo starting to think mine isnt normal 😦

• Posted

Hi yes i do get that , you are not alone , its such a strange feeling , yours is normal !!! am here if you need 2 vent , it helps 2 know others are going through it , even though u wished they were not xx

• Edited

im not peri anymore haven't had a period for 12mths but your not alone I've described menopause as a hell you don't understand until your going through it!! so just remember your not going nuts!! Ive just started HRT and although fabulous for my intense hot flushes and other cycle type issues have eased im now dealing with leg cramps!! It just seems never ending!! So sending you love 💞

• Edited

aww thanks tammie x

think its the worst worrying issue of the century when going thru it i've been like is that normal in menopause googled loads of stuff because u dont think menopause could cause so many issues with the body ,b4 i started the peri i was clueless just thought menopause was getting hot flushes & maybe a headache here & there mind blowing every step in to it tho especially when it hits you hard!

tammie i hope your leg cramps subside soon chick 🤞 crossed x

• Edited

Hi, I'm struggling pretty much the same this last 3 months.

I was in a form of HRT but had to come off it due to high BP which caused migraines and a bleed behind my eye.

The last 2 months have just got worse and worse. I'm in pain with my neck and my joints are all so so achy and sore, especially fingers and knees. I'm constantly tired, have no motivation or energy. My stomach is all gurgly and windy. My skin is so dry aswell as I've noticed dryness with eyes, nose, mouth and ladybits.

I have a constant background fuzziness in my head. I also have tinnitus. Everytime I ovulate I get even worse and my lymph nodes swell and I get that poorly throat feeling that doesn't come to anything.

I'm just fed of feeling so ill, I've spent today just dozing on and off as I can't move without feeling sick and achy.

• Posted

hi lesley bloody annoying & so frustrating 😢😢🙉 everyone just keeps sayin stick with it my patches but after just feeling rank all time i'm so trying to handle i seem to be getting high blood pressure & every time i stand up i get hot on my forehead &headache comes on with light dizziness stopping me doing one simple job getting so emotional over it cause i just want to do things & its effecting me in a massive way feeling so helpless...just wanna stop feeling so crappy!.i dont kno if its part of this menopause me head rushes freaking me out tho!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.