Menopause menu

Posted , 11 users are following.

Trying to find some humour angle on the hell that is perimenopause. It's like we are all in the menopause cafe and along comes the waiter.

''Madam, what can I get you? We have some fresh hot anxiety which is served with a good dollop of depression. And can I interest you in a side order of hot flushes, aches and pains?

To wash it down we have a barrel of tears and a good quality jug of insomnia which you can enjoy well into the night.

The lady at the next the took the last of the metallic taste in the mouth, rage and fatigue but we should have that back in next week if you care to return :-) ''

Sorry, think the madness has got to me. :-(

5 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Very funny!

Today's special for me was an appetizer of cramps and a full course of brain fog.

I'm also dreading the hot summer months coming on although I do like the longer days.

For you ladies that get warm all the time like I do there are these things called kool ties. They have crystal inside and you just soak them in cold water for half an hour or so and use them around your neck to cool the carotid artery. I've used them for years and can't do without them.

• Posted

Ooooh I like the sound of those. Thanks for the info. :-)
    • Posted

Sounds good. Can I ask where you can get them? Are they like a thin neck scarf? I sometimes get a little warm at work and then feel slightly sweaty due to menopausal symptoms, so this would be ideal. Thanks!
    • Posted

Yes it's thin and comes in assortment of designs. I have 3-4 and they are not expensive. Around $12 U.S.

I had a link on here but it got moderated. If you search on kool tie you should come up with it. If not private message me.

Also they work better in dry climates more than in humid ones. I'm practically in the desert (California) so it works great for me. When I exercise outdoors or just going about my day in the heat I've noticed I was less tired. This was before all his peri hit. Now I'm tired all the time even without the heat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.