Menopause? Muscle pain, weakness and strains.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi. Although I have been tested and told I am not menopausal my body is telling me different. For 2 years now I have been getting more and more pain in my muscles, mainly arms, shoulders and hands.

My legs are bad first thing, I really hobble when I first get up. I've also had to pay many visits to the physio to help with strains and muscle problems., in fact amongst my friends it's a bit of a joke how easily I get injured.

On doing research it appears it could be a symptom of menopause. I'm 51 so the right age, I do get hot flushes and my nails are dreadful, flakey and splitting. Am I just going mad? Is it just my age? Or could it really be hormonal? Anyone with similar experiences?

I'm 51 and sometimes feel 91, it can't be right!!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i am currently 55 years old. i am post menopause havent had a period since august 2017...

i still have night sweats and hot flashes but now have a strain pain in forearm region that causes hand weakness with achiness. does anyone know if menopause symptoms occur during post menopause

• Posted

YES menopause symptoms continue into post. I am 56 years and post menopause according to my blood tests. It seems to get worse with age.

• Posted

YES. Very common symptom. I have pains in my arms , hips and legs as I write this message. I try not to complain but sometimes its hard when you are a mum. REMEMBER YOU are not alone. Welcome to MENOPAUSE.

• Posted

ive started getting a weird sensation in my left calf (well the outside if it)it feels weird, not pain but i cant describe it dont know if its a tingling sensation or not just like something is there.

Ive yet to wake up and feel normal im so fed up with it all..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.