Menopause or not

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good morning ladies. I am 51 and have not had a period for around 10 months, then yesterday I started one. I was thinking that I was menopausal, but maybe not quite. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi michele 

happened to me, went 9 months of none, then another came ..

then its count down again, wait another 12-14 months then post menopause if no more periods come 

12-14 months no periods = post menopause ( following peri meno) 

i am age 50 now and now 19 months post menopause 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Michele, I had what I thought was last period in June last year then had one this week. V disappointing. Thought that was the end of it😞. So yes my experience is v similar to yours. I am 50 xx
  • Posted

Yes I have I am 54 and I have experienced this also. Went for 18 months once then suddenly it started to flow and I think at this stage of your life expect the unexpected. I think its just a normal transition myself. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this?😊
    • Posted

post menopausal bleeding happens and should be checked by your gyn.  what stinks is to go 10 months - thinking you're almost in menopause - and THEN start again!!   my gyn also told me "one year and one day" and THEN you are in menopause.  i'm 52 and i think (i feel cramps but see no blood) that i'm having my first abnormal cycle.  most women are IN menopause by now.  **okay whine-fest over.  smile

• Posted

Sounds like peri menopause. Everyone says "12 months" with no period to b considered true  full MENOPAUSE. 
  • Posted

Hi michele

I read your post with a sinking heart........I'm 54 and still bleeding as regular as clockwork!!

Tell me:  how did you feel during those 10mths when you didn't have a period - did you still feel like you were building up to one/get miserable/sensitive at all?

Also, what Peri symptoms - or were you the ONE who didn't have any??!smile - did you get during this time.

Oh, I feel like the (54!) kid who Christmas Forgot/the Eternal Bridesmaid with this Peri/Menopause Mullarkey!!!!sad

• Posted

right there with you.  i have good (some VERY good days) and then there was last night (felt TERRIBLE) and today (feel better, but still not good).  i wish there was a magic wand, pill or act to make it all bearable every single day.  good luck and better days to all of us!
    • Posted

Hi, well to be honest it`s been very up and down. I have been worrying about a lot of things, even though I know it`s silly. Physically to has been odd to, sometimes feeling good and then other times feeling just not right somehow.

My last period was last summer and then this past weekend there was my period. Didn`t feel the usual build up this time. Peri symptoms seemed to be mainly night sweats and feeling achy and tired more than normal.

I hope this helps and you are not feeling to terrible. xx 

• Posted

Nah, not terrible. Gutted,yes, that you've had your 10mths of 'freedom' snatched away from you - and I've not even started on that leg of this overly-long journey yet!!!

As much as I'd love to stop bleeding, I'm not so sure now that 'The Grass is Greener on the Other Side' afterall??

For me I think it'll defo mean some HRT to protect my bones (family history). Just waiting to see if I will EVER miss a Period!!!

Chin up Kiddo. We're all in this together :-)

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.