menopause the silent hell!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this site, but am so glad I found it.

I honestly thought it was just me and I must be loosing my mind. I have anxiety, panic attacks, depression, mind never stops thinking, moods changes, so frequently. One minute I'm okay the next minute I'm not. It's like mother nature played a horrible joke on me. I still get my period faithfully every month.

Someone please, please tell me there is a light at

the end of the tunnel.

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i am in this hell too. i just was telling my sister uesterday that i feel like i live in my own trapped hell in my head. the constant anxious feeling is horrible. i dread leaving the house. its so bad i usually breakdown and cry once/twice a day that i jusy cant take it anymore. been 9 months with symtpoms. about 1 month with horrible anxiety. i also have balance issues. i pray its over soon.
    • Posted

Hi Kim,

just reading this makes me teary eyed because I know how you feel.

I just go on the hope that one day it will get better. People have said that it does eventually go away.

I'm so glad I joined this site.

at least we know we are not in this silent hell alone. And I guess it's part of menopause for some of us. We have each other.

• Posted

this site has saved me. i have health anxiety too so all these weird things have scared the hell out of me. but going on here and seeing what other ladies post and being able to ask other women if they feel the same has helped me so much. i keep telling myself.. its menopause, your not dying.. it will end. i actually am seeing my OB monday to try HRT.. i need help. tried antidepressents and i cant do it. i am so sensitive to meds like that. i pray you start to feel better. and hope it helps to know your not alone. i have 4 kids and im only 42. its so hard to deal with this when you have a family to care for
    • Posted

Kim, I really hope the new medicine works for you. I know it's hard but please no we are all here for you and each other.

You are not alone in this battle and we will all fight to get through it.

• Posted

Omg you sound just like me!! I have horrible health anxiety too and have had it for many years sad

Then all these crazy symptoms really threw me for a loop and sent my anxiety soaring higher and higher ! I am also 42 and have 2 daughters, 8 & 6.... it's been quite a struggle at times to be the mom they need whenni feel like I'm sick or going crazy!! And then I get the mommy guilt for not being 110% for them 😔

Not sure how long all this will last but I keep hoping things will evenbout very soon !!

• Posted

Ginger and Kim, include me in your health anxiety club. It is AWFUL! I am 44. My youngest is 13 and I get the same guilty feeling when I can't be the mom or the wife I want to be. It is paralyzing. This site has been God sent. I don't know where I would be right now if I had not been able to come on here and get support. ((Hugs for you both))

• Posted

i feel guilty too! i was just crying to my 12 yr old last night appologizing that i couldnt take her to walmart for school project because i had already gone out 3 times yesterday and my nerves couldnt take another trip out sad its horrible. my 12 and 14 yr old understand but it makes you feel so bad and my 6 yr old has so much energy and begs me to be a classrooom helper in her kinder and i just cant sad she tells me she prays i wont be sick anymore. breaks my heart. praying for relief soon

• Posted

😌welcome to this elite club of crippling health anxiety and perimenopause 😘

This forum has also been a godsend for me as when I talk to people around me, when I choose to, no one understands or they have forgotten any or all symptoms they had during this crazy journey!

Frustrating and trying for sure!! Glad we can share and support each other here 😍

• Posted

Hi Kim Im sitting here crying because of your post. I am the same way. It is heart breaking that we cant push through it for those moments with our babies. My daughter is graduating from high school in June and I pray that I can be anxiety free that day. If not I will be sitting at her graduation having a shaking fit from anxiety. Im not going to miss that day for anything. Praying that you feel better soon! Take care smile

• Posted

Kim, i so hope trying hrt will help you hun. i am in peri age 45 & have chronic bowel illness at present, but only have me, my hubby & my cat to look after,; it must be very difficult for you to manage with 4 kids to look after as well as trying to manage your peri symptoms. i feel for you. i think we have spoken on here before......my peri symptoms are so much better for starting hrt in april, particularly the mental symptoms & headaches which were the worst symptoms for me. i am now back in control. i am still very tired all the time, but i think thats more down to my chronic bowel illness.  i sincerely hope the hrt helps you as it helped me hun - everything will get more manageable if it does. when you see your ob- ask them for the micronised formulas of hrt as they are supposed to be more effective in helping with meno symptoms. utrogestan capsules (the progesterone part) & oestrogel(an estrogen gel applied nightly) are the ones I'm on. they are more pure than synthetic versions. xx

• Posted

Ooohhh. I know the feeling. it totally drains me. I am never in the mood to go shopping anymore. And I missed teacher meet and greet this year for the first time!
    • Posted

Chr, I don't shop either! No ambition to do much, but I have to go to work. I'm always out of something here, and forget about it until I need the item again. Frustrating!!

• Posted

Colleen, I don't work, so when I run out of something nobody understands bc I had all day, right? Lol. Sometimes I just walk around the house aimlessly looking for something that I feel like doing. Not always something that needs it. Of course laundry and dishes don't stop. So eventually when I don't find anything, I end up laying down and watching tv (happy shows only) and I have to mute the commercials...bc they aren't always happy! So, no motivation equals not leaving the house...except for those doctor visits about every new symptom that peri brings. Yes frustrating!! ((Hugs))

• Posted

that is me! my husband doesnt understand why more doesnt get done since i left work in may. and why we dont have stuff we need in the house and the house is a mess a lot. and i try to tell him, i fight to make it thru day just getting kids around ( 3 kids, 3 different schools and 3 afterschool activites ) he just doesnt get it.
    • Posted

The kids are keeping you active, which is helping you stay healthy. My husband is great and if I try to explain, he tries to understand, but then I think he forgets a couple of weeks later. Because in his mind it should be a short term issue. Anyways, I don't even have the energy to keep explaining it to him. So I just try to rest when he isn't there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.