menopause the silent hell!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this site, but am so glad I found it.

I honestly thought it was just me and I must be loosing my mind. I have anxiety, panic attacks, depression, mind never stops thinking, moods changes, so frequently. One minute I'm okay the next minute I'm not. It's like mother nature played a horrible joke on me. I still get my period faithfully every month.

Someone please, please tell me there is a light at

the end of the tunnel.

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Traci, I have been going through perimenopause for about 8 months now. I have had alot of your same symptoms. It will get better.......it comes and goes but you will have more good days soon. One thing that I learned on here was when you feel like you are losing it move your mind, get busy on something. Try taking light walks even when you dont want to, it really helps. Be good to yourself....if you need to cry, cry, if you need to sleep, sleep. Take care and I will be praying for you.
    • Posted

Hi Becky, thank you for replying and for being positive! God knows I really need that!

I have been trying to move my mind and not think about it. Seems like before when it hit me, I would dwell on it all day and it would just get worse. But I like that you said I will have more better days. That really made me feel better. I will pray for you too.

• Posted

Your very welcome and thank you Traci, every prayer...I am thankful for. I know that moving your mind sometimes is difficult, but eventually you learn how to do it automatically and the thoughts go away. Take care smile

• Posted

I feel bad for you. Believe me I know what your feeling. And I swear people think we're crazy when I telling them I go through these things. Ugg. I am going to see the doctor in Nov. my new insurance goes in affect November 1. I hate to but I think I need some hrt. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Traci it does get better I have been going through it for 8 yrs I only started to feel better this year I'm not as bad as I was ...one day you will not even notice until it hits you that some symptoms disappear

Get through it how ever you can talk to yourself walk up and down anything to distraction OK

• Posted

Thats good news Maria. Sounds like they can disappear as quickly as they showed up.
  • Posted

Hi traci ,

living it with you started with night sweats and irregular periods then they would go back to normal.  Went to docs who took blood tests and said they were fine. I already suffered from anxiety and depression on and off during my life. I was on 10 mg of citalapram which changed my life, I was so much happier. The doc upped me to 20mg which helped at first but I was soon back to my anxiety and depression. I read that HRT might be a good thing to try which I have at first I thought this is brilliant but again I've crashed. Now I'm trying sertralene and I'm stopping the patches. One minute I'm fine the next I'm in the depths of despair so I can totally feel your pain I wish I was back to my old self.

• Posted

Hi traci

Like us all . We all we thought we were going mad or one thing. Thank god for this site.

• Posted

Hi, I am new to this site.  I am glad I found it after reading some of your comments.  I have become very anxious for most of the day.  I was like this about 6 years ago and it seems to have come back full throttle.  I used to get anxious some mornings but seemed to fight it off when I was at work.  I dread leaving the house and I cant seem to concentrate on much.  I do hope it goes off soon.
    • Posted

Hi max

I was the same as you , my anxiety prevented me from doing every day things like staying home alone. I wouldn't eat if I was alone. I wouldn't drive alone I was afraid of everything. This went on for at least 3-4 years. But then a few months ago , I gave up sugar and choclates etc. I can't believe the difference. I actually have my life back. I still get the very very odd feel of anxiety but that would be just before my period but it quickly passes but noting like it was before. Thank god.

• Posted

Thanks Michelle.  I am actually not afraid of staying alone but just get that anxious feeling if I leave the house.  I am due to see a counsellor tomorrow and hopefully she may be able to suggest something.
    • Posted

Hi Max, seeing a counselor will definitely help you. It has helped me.

I have that anxious feeling right now as I am writing this and hope it will pass.

Just to feel normal again is all we ask.

I hope everything works out for you, and I'm sure it will.

This site is a great help. I just found it too and talking about this to people who can relate really helps.

• Posted

Traci, I use see the counsellor when I was get anxious before some six years ago, so heres hoping.  I hope your anxious feeling passes real soon. Your right all I want is to feel normal again.
    • Posted

Thanks, I know phyciartrist they sent me too

is no help because he too doesn't acknowledge perimenopause.

I think he's a quack he's trying to send me to an AA meeting and I don't even drink or do drugs! ! It's discouraging when doctors think they know it all but dont. I won't be going back to him!!

I hope you feel better too. The last couple of days have not been bad but who knows.

• Posted

Hi traci

I suggested to my doctor that I thought I might be in peri and symptoms I was having and the more frequent violent head aches. She told me I'm too young at 44. And suggested a referral to a neurologist for the headaches but I might be a few years in the waiting list. 😡😡😫😫😫 she told me to go back to my other gp and see what he says. I know I am and have been in peri for quite a while. I was so frustrated . I was in tears when I left. So now I am going to see what the male gp has to say. I just wasted my time going to her . I am so mad.

• Posted

Sorry but some doctors have no empathy for this and they seriously don't have a clue.

You know your body and you know what's not right about it. My doctor said the same thing and it made me feel worse. But after reading all about it and hearing the stories on here, I know what I am going through.

I also went to a gynecologist on Monday and she acknowledged it most likely is perimenopause and that it would cause me to have these feelings. So please keep your head up and hopefully your other doctor can give you some answers. If not just keep looking. I'm in the process of changing doctors myself because of this.

I can't believe you would have to wait years to see a neurologist. That is absurd!

Doesn't seem like the doctor is concerned about anything. I really feel for you because I know exactly how you feel. But I hope it gives you comfort to know your not alone and this is something that a lot of us are going through. I truly hope hope you find some relief and I am praying for you.

just know we are here for you.

it seems we are all in this horrible thing together, but we will get through it.

• Posted

Why do these stupid doctors think the mid 40's Is too young?? I hope she isn't a gynocologist? Get a new doc!

• Posted

Hi colleen.

She's not a gyno. I even wonder if she is a doctor or a nurse . What a wasted appointment. Now I have to go to another app with the other doc. I do hope he listens. 😩😩😩 the wonder how the surgery so are full. It's no wonder if you have to keep going back instead of getting answers the first time. 😞and not getting answers is one thing , but to keep getting told . I don't know what the problem is. And been rude omg. I was so frustrated I ended up in tears as soon as I walked out. 😩😩😩😩.

• Posted

Hi traci.

I don't even think there was truth in waiting 5 years. She was just been rude. How could someone have to wait that long. And in any case she could have checked in my eyes and ears while I was there to see if there was any problems there as they can cause migraines Also . And even do the bloods to see if that showed up anything . That wouldn't take 10 minutes. She just don't wsnt to know about anything. Just stressed me out. 😩😩😩🌭

• Posted

What gives these doctors the right to treat ppl like this? They are supposed to be professionals. They get paid good Money and shouldn't say they don't know what's wrong. They need to find it. That is why they get paid the big bucks. Ins companies should be alerted for wasting their money. Also the office of professions too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.