menopause the silent hell!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this site, but am so glad I found it.

I honestly thought it was just me and I must be loosing my mind. I have anxiety, panic attacks, depression, mind never stops thinking, moods changes, so frequently. One minute I'm okay the next minute I'm not. It's like mother nature played a horrible joke on me. I still get my period faithfully every month.

Someone please, please tell me there is a light at

the end of the tunnel.

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ive not had a period in 2 yrs now but my symptoms are just like yours Traci, I'm so glad I've joined this group though as I now know that I'm not alone in this hell!! 

• Posted

Carole I'm sorry because I know how you feel. It's so hard sometimes. I am also glad I found this site because I really thought I must be loosing my mind. Everyone I talk to at home really doesn't get it because I guess their "change of life" wasn't so bad.

I hope and pray every day that this will get better and I believe it will. Just stay positive and if it doesn't please talk to your doctor or find a doctor who understands that this is, real. I'm praying for you and hoping for the best.

• Posted

Thank you so much Tracy, it helps that we're all in this together ??

• Posted

So most of your doctors don't even acknowledge symptoms that might be perimenopause ??? My GP does thankfully.... she tries to help anyway ... she did initially refer me to my obgyn I had been seeing who said immediately I was too young to be perimenopausal!! 😡 She pretty much stopped me mid sentence to tell me. She was my doc for my last pregnancy and the one that literally called me "elderly pregnant" as I was three months post 35 when pregnant with my second . Needless to say I never went back to her ! I think my GP is great because she specializes in women's health and a more whole body treatment , not one to just treat symptoms with a pill. She addresses my mental as well as physical complaints so I am grateful for that smile

However... this ride is still pure hell!! Not enough research done or something , but you would think that with SO MANY of us dealing with the same issues , the area of treatment would be more advanced! Very frustrating and I hold on to all hope that there will be some kind of light at the end !!

• Posted

Your so lucky to have a doctor that understands. And your right this is pure hell! Never imagined it would be this bad.

But like you I have hope and I'm sure there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

So glad I have people like you to talk to and I'm praying for you to feel better.

• Posted

I am grateful for my doctor as I know I can go see her and talk to her about anything and she at least listens and tries to help. However, she's been treating throughout my anxiety for nearly twenty years so then I wonder if she just blows everything off now, thinking my anxiety is causing me to over exaggerate my symptoms sad

You just can't make up some of these crazy symptoms during this time!!

I am ever so thankful I found this site!!

Hugs to you and praying for you as well as all of us to reach that light soon wink

• Posted

This might be off-topic so just a random thought in case it helps anyone. When I get depressed and it goes on for a while, I feel like the chaos my daily life becomes during my very low energy spell makes it so much harder to start climbing out. Super messy house, way behind on all sorts of things, fallen out of my habits... All that would be hard to get up and face even on my best day.

So now I'm thinking of a neighbor of mine when we were young stay home wives. This depressed neighbor informally hired someone  (first another neighbor, another time a college kid), to come help her three mornings per week, about twelve hours per week total. 

I admit at first I thought my neighbor was kinda spoiled because none of us had much money then. But I came around to thinking it was actually very smart use of those limited funds and may have even helped her recover sooner.

The helper first helped her come up a logical order to do the work in (when I've been really down I probably wouldn't have a clue where to start). My neighbor assisted with the work when she felt able to. First, they'd get her and her kids fed and dressed for the day. Then a quick clean up of the house, laundry done, dinner ready to go, plus run any pressing errands.

Strangely, I seem to have grown out of my periodic depressions (knock on wood). But if it ever comes back, on top of getting medical treatment, I would definitely make it a priority to get practical help and keep my ship from sinking in the meantime. Wondering if anyone thinks this is relevant or just beside the point at the time.

• Posted

I think that is such a great idea!! However, I like you did, think that might make me look a bit spoiled or inadequate 😔

I tell myself all the time I should be able to handle these things but I very well know the feeling of being o erwhelmed by it all and soon laundry is piled up , everything is in disarray , and I'm lost . I have had a few periods of times where my niece stayed with me or my mom has visited and noticed how overwhelmed I was... they helped out for about a week at a time but that's not much time to get through it .

Now I have the problem that no one is available or able to help and I'm not sure I'd like a stranger in that position lol.... my husband has said I could hire someone to come in and clean but I have to get everything in a place first lol!!!

• Posted

Whino, yes I definitely think it is relavant. Anything to help us get through these depression episodes. I have thought about doing this a lot lately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.