Message In A Bottle

Posted , 10 users are following.

Well, well, well.  You'll never guess what I found, today.  I eventually uncovered the gin bottle... from Friday's binge.  I hide the bottles, then have to try to remember, where.  Funny old life.  Anyway, the bottle had some left in it. I had not completely finished it. I am so glad. It is finished now, by the way, but that's another story. 'Can't let it go to waste. So, my Units were about the 20 mark, on Friday. 0 yesterday, as I felt poisoned. About 6 tonight.

The strange thing is, 20 Units in wine... 2 bottles, would not have had such an effect on me. I have had worse experiences with spirits, especially vodka, but I do think there is a message... a warning, if you like. Units and Type of Alcohol matter/differ. Problem is, I get fed up with all the wines.  Why can't I just stop?

I am going to try for half a bottle of wine tomorrow, 2 hours after my Selincro tablet. Leaving half the bottle will be a big challenge. Buying the bottle is more cost effective than miniature bottles. 2 miniature bottles = half a full size bottle.

Tomorrow is another day, again.

Alonangel 🎇

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Alon the fact you did an alcohol free day is astounding, the last time I did that was 3 years ago. You must be proud of yourself for that, no matter what.

Well done you.

BK

• Posted

Thanks BK.  'Problem with it was that I felt so ill, I just couldn't drink.  I feel the benefit of it today.  I hope I can try for one again... in less tortuous circumstances !

Alonangel  xx

• Posted

hi Bk52..really actually 3 yrs and drinking every day and no breaks at al? Just wondering...Robin
    • Posted

It's not so far fetched, I've been at it for 30 years with a 6-pack or more. I could count the dry days on one hand.
    • Posted

3 years that's a longtime, what do u normally drink, beer, wine, spirits, do u go for liver tests every year, bcz if u drink its good for all of us to be tested every year.
    • Posted

great that you are still alive for certain. Just goes to show how strong the liver is. keep telling us your stories and we will listen and not mis judge anybody..Robin
    • Posted

No breaks at all in 3 years... The lowest I've ever got it down to is 9 units (one bottle of wine) hopefully one day soon I'll get a dry day. sad
    • Posted

Red wine I drink, had a liver test recently which came back as normal, then I was prescribed Nalmefene. Hoping this medication will enable me to start having dry days.
    • Posted

I'm the same with my drinking,can't believe my liver stats are still ok
    • Posted

Just keep up with that one small change of taking the pill before you drink, BK. 

"Tom" posted on March 20th in the "New TSM Users" section of OptionsSaveLives forum. Go give his post a look, I think you'll like it.

• Posted

Angel. Today I slept all day until about 7. I'm now drinking again, probably about a bottle. Do not drink vodka or gin or spirits . That's how you get the hallucinations. Don't go there. I wouldn't wish those withdrawals on anyone. If you have to drink stick with wine. 

Had a conversation tonight with my X who reminded of when I went through withdrawals and it was so frightening and disturbing for him. X

• Posted

Hi Paper fairy.  I know I should never drink spirits.  I don't understand how I can be so stupid about it.  I have had some really awful experiences in the past, with various spirits drinks... gin, vodka, brandy, whisky, rum... been there, downed them all.  The gin I bought recently was on a price reduction !  

I am sick of drinking wine.  I have had every type of wine available. My versatility is scary. I hate this addiction so much.

'Can only hope for better times to come.

Angel  x

• Posted

Be careful of taking it down too fast, Alonangel. You don't want to run into withdrawal. That could show up after a sharp reduction. I like your idea of putting a limit on the amount you're going to drink per night though. That's a very good technique and one that I've been using myself.
    • Posted

Thanks, ADEfree.  I hope I can stick to the new limit, tomorrow. We will see. 'Got to keep trying.  'Was really down, after the gin blip.  Now, I am ready to do battle again.  It's a shame there are so many bloody battles, in this war.  I used bloody because I have bruised and cut myself by falling about drunk. Sad, shameful fact !

Alonangel

• Posted

Yeah, I pushed my drinking down too fast and got a blip too. From 12, I pushed it down to 5 for a couple of nights in the 2nd week, then shot up to double that. It's totally normal, but I could probably have cut back a bit more slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.