Methotrexate

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

I have had Osteoarthritis for quite some years now, but have just recently been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and they have started me on Methotrexate which I have been taking for two weeks now, I would love to hear from anyone that has had relief from it, and how long it took before you started to feel any relief, thank-you in advance

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi carol 13 I am just waiting to start that soon. I just been told I have psoriatic arthritis. I here about all the side effects when taking it. it says in my booklet it takes up to 13 weeks ect to make any difference.
    • Posted

Hi Bel, It took about 3 weeks to start feeling a difference, and then about 7/8 weeks to start really kicking in and easing my Osteoarthritis too, although I still have bad pain from time to time, but it's certainly a lot easier than when I first started that's for sure, but I suppose everyone is different and depends on how bad it is, but I really hope yours kicks in quite quickly for you too fingers crossed x

• Posted

Hi Bel 

yes it does take a while for them to work and they may increase your doseage after you have settled down on it as long as it works for you and you dont have too much from side effects I have been on it for about 8 months and they have just increased me to 20mg I have been lucky and had no side effects so far 

• Posted

Thank you I waiting still to see Dr and then he will start me on them. I am in pain all time with my psoriasic arthritis. I work full-time and find I am tired all the time. i hope the tablets will help me as I have pain in hands, feet, back and knees. Most of the time it's my hands and feet. Do u get tablets for pain as well.

• Posted

I hope so I am not looking forward to taking them when I am at work. I hear lots of side effects. I work with sun beds and saw no uv or direct sunlight. It's that true.

• Posted

I know just how you feel as I work full time too, and the pain in my hands were so much worse and especially with typing all day I was always in absolute agony at the end of the day, but these have been a godsend, but I do have to take my diclofenic when the pain is particulaly bad, and I have had no side effects at all while taking them thank goodness, but then other people might, I sure hope they help ease your pain x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.