Microvascular dysfunction diagnosis

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi I'm 50 this year, and have recently been diagnosed with Microvascular dysfunction. (Cardiac X syndrome/Microvascular angina) usually im a fit and healthy person, don't smoke, since starting the menopause I have gained weight.

I know that I need to change my lifestyle as I get breathless and have chest pain on the smallest exertion, ie going upstairs and this weekend I got out of breath dancing to one song at wedding! It's quite frightening and although I should.know what to do I've had no guidance from my Dr or cardiologist apart from 'take these tablets what has everyone else done to help their condition? Regards Francesca

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi francesca

There is a group on facebook with lots of us with microvascular angina/cardiac syndrome x.

If you want to join let me know.

Theres an info page as well.

Not many cardiologists know about it.

We have alot of knowledgeable cardiac nurses and professionals in group

• Posted

My cardiologist says that I suffer from micro vascular Angina.

Could you please introduce me to this group on Facebook?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Sean

This is the info page link

If you send a message Annette will reply and ask to join the heart whisperers group. (Its secret privacy group).

I will mention it to annette.

Michelle

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site, see below for more info.

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398390-why-can-t-i-use-formatting-or-add-an-image-to-my-p

• Posted

on the following facebook groups many have both Coronary Microvascular Disease (MVD or CMVD)

& CAS Cornary Artery Spasm

'Coronary Artery Spasms' 'coronary artery spasm (prinzmetal's angina) support group'

• Posted

Are you referring to the same Facebook group as Michelle?
    • Posted

No I coudl nto fidn the one she mention when I searched. These two are other oens I belong to. I have both CAS & CMVD

• Posted

No I could not find the one she mention when I searched. These two are other ones I belong to. I have both CAS & CMVD.. I flip letters when typing

• Posted

You wont find it when searching on facebook as the privacy setting is set to secrecy by the admin.

Thats why im having to do it this way.

I am a member of the group

• Posted

Wow they can prevent anyone form seeiing posts but make the group information searchable for all the people all over the world to find it that suffer from disease.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

I have microvascular angina, and would really love to join the Facebook group. I don't know how this is now possible if the link was removed?

Thanks

• Posted

hi michelle plz can i join this facebook group i have this microvascular angina nd am struggling with this at the minute sad
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, I just joined patient.info-how do I join the MVD group? I would like to ask Annette to join the heart whisperers group. My cardiologist and dr. say that my coronary arteries are fine and clear and that I no longer have to see a cardiologist. I have all of the symptoms of MVD that my wife and I have researched on the internet-yet they say my arteries are clear even though I am still having headaches, chest pain, pressure, breathlessness, icy cold sensation in throat. All these reactions from everyday actions or any emotional stress/tension. I feel that I will have a hard time getting treatment for MVD if it is unknown or not acknowledged. Does anyone know of any coronary microvascular disease cardiologists in southern Ontario? Thanks, Alan.

• Posted

Could you send me the link/add me too please Michelle? I have had coronary artery spasm for many years now and have recently also had a confirmed diagnosis of CMVD too. Thank you so much xx
    • Posted

I have been recently diagnosed withmicrovascular angina/cardiac syndrome x and would very much like to join the Facebook group you mentioned.. am struggling with getting my BP/pulse regulated 
    • Posted

Hi

I also have microvascular angina and am being treated for the condition. Can I ask if you had a test that formally diagnosed you, or is this diagnosis made due to just your symptoms?

I'm asking because I haven't had a test that has detected the condition myself yet, but it is presumed that I do have microvascular angina. I'm really just curious to know if this condition can actually be detected and the type of tests that best detect it.

My body is better controlled now , but my pulse gets high so I struggle with this also.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Regards x

• Posted

My bp is better controlled now (sorry my keyboard changed my wording)
    • Posted

Hi

Yes there is a test called a challenge cath or provocative cath.  the substance they use in the angiogram is acetylcholine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.