Microvascular dysfunction diagnosis

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi I'm 50 this year, and have recently been diagnosed with Microvascular dysfunction. (Cardiac X syndrome/Microvascular angina) usually im a fit and healthy person, don't smoke, since starting the menopause I have gained weight.

I know that I need to change my lifestyle as I get breathless and have chest pain on the smallest exertion, ie going upstairs and this weekend I got out of breath dancing to one song at wedding! It's quite frightening and although I should.know what to do I've had no guidance from my Dr or cardiologist apart from 'take these tablets what has everyone else done to help their condition? Regards Francesca

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm trying to lose weight. Park further than normal from front door. I have increased episodes after I have got out of my normal routine and feel run down and it never fails I have severe chest pain. My cardiologist just increases my meds, no further testing or reasons for episodes. It's so frustrating. Good luck, I will pray for you as well.

• Posted

In cardiac prevention & rehabilitation i've been encouraged to walk 10,000 steps a day (work up to 10,000 slowly) and only walk on flat surfaces (i.e. avoid inclines) and the pace should be at one that I can carry on a conversation. It took about 6 months for me to comfortably get to 10,000 steps. I'm still not consistent - that is, I do not get 10,000 steps 7 days a week

• Posted

Hi Frances

I am the same age as you. My health changed just over a year ago. I have the same symptoms and issues as you also.

Since your diagnosis, have the cardiologist helped stabilise your condition, or have things remained the same?

Cardiologist often comment that people get better from this condition. But I have found that my medication can stop working at anytime. I'm hoping to join the Facebook group. It's a comfort speaking to other people that understand what you're going through.

Regards,

• Posted

Hi Frances

I am the same age as you. My health changed just over a year ago. I have the same symptoms and issues as you also.

Since your diagnosis, have the cardiologist helped stabilise your condition, or have things remained the same?

Cardiologist often comment that people get better from this condition. But I have found that my medication can stop working at anytime. I'm hoping to join the Facebook group. It's a comfort speaking to other people that understand what you're going through.

Regards,

• Posted

Hi Francesca

I am the same age as you and have microvascular angina. Mine started in 2016. I was on Imdur but now take Ranolazine. Unfortunately it has so far made little difference, and I'm much more dizzy/ breathless as well.

Does anyone else with microvascular also get a high pulse rate with minimal exertion?

I really would like to know if people suffer less symptoms as time passes if on the right medication, or if this is a life long illness?

Most cardiologist's seem to believe it can improve in most cases?

Would really like to know if anyone has actually felt more stabilised over time. I know we all will respond very differently to various medications.

I'm thinking of getting a mobility scooter to help me get out and about more. But is this a slippery slope? I want to obviously improve and not just succom to the illness. But am missing out alot because I can't walk far at all.

Anyway, wishing us all the very best! x

• Posted

Hi Francesca

Please refer me to the facebook group (sorry, you must be inundated with requests!)

i have pm’d you.

?thank you 

katie

• Posted

Hi

I can refer you to the facebook group as i initially mentioned it here.  please pm me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.