Migraine or should I seek further advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last 3 months I have been experiencing mild headaches on the left side of my head, bumping into things (again left side) and smelling a burning type smell that I appear to be the only one smelling. Last week I woke up with lines and flashing lights in my left eye, poor vision, nausea and again a headache. Since then, I have had these headaches a number of times a day which brings dizziness and sickness, some points I feel I am about to pass out. I am constantly sleeping too, stayinh awake for longer than an hour is difficult and usually end up falling asleep, despite having a good night sleep. I have seen my GP, optician and consultant at my local hospital all saying these are classic migraine symptoms however, none of the medication work... should I ask for this to be taken further or accept this as a migraine? I am starting to worry as I do not feel any better.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you all for your input and advice, it is well appreciated! I am now on diazepam and sumatriptan and awaiting a letter now for an mri scan.

Thanks again

Hayley x

• Posted

Good luck with the scan Hayley, keep us updated please and hope the meds give you some relief.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Hayley

So glad that you will be getting MRI and atleast you are trying some meds...I hope they will work for you very soon!

Please keep us posted!

Have a good day!

Blessings,

Wendy

• Posted

Hayley

when I feel the onset of a migraine I take my Rizatriptan along with a Nausua medication at the same time.....it really helps and helps me to sleep and stops migraine.....most times!

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.