migraine with aura scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had a aura in left eye for 10 mins and then pain behind right eye. Scared me so much had a panic on . Are these normal does any one else have them any advice please

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is very scary at first, especially when we don't know what is going on... My oldest son went to the ER when he got,,It scared him so bad... Stress can also bring it on..after a few? I have learned not to get too very scare, cause I know what to expect, and it will clear up in 20 mins..
    • Posted

I think that part of the problem when im in shops which i think the lights set it off i waiting for it to happen and stressing myself out my anxiety dont help
  • Posted

You are correct, a light that hits your eyes at the right angle can set it off.. That is how it usually stars with me,... It is almost all the time, the light on the TV that does it to me...   Try to not think about it, it is not going to kill you...as long as you do see it to last about no more then 30 mins? I don't think you have nothing to worry about, just take whatever pain reliever works for you on the beginning of the onset of the Aura, and most likely you will see that you will not even get a bad headache...When I start to see like blind spots? I almost knock hubby down, trying to get to my Anacin bottle to take them, and then I just sit quietly in the sofa and wait the 20 mins, and it is over. 
  • Posted

Very normal with migraines. I attempt to take medicine as soon as the first sign of the aura coming, to hopefully help reduce the headache when it sets in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.