Mini holiday but Scared

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi im 7 weeks post op and generally feeling good. Tommorow I'm going to my caravan which is a touring caravan stored on a site on the East Coast Flamborough near Bridlington.

Now apart of me is quite excited to be getting back to normality but I'm worried about everything from falling to travelling in a car for 2 hours , not being comfy in my bed or sat on the seating area that it's driving me mad. Does this operation/experience turn people into worrying about everything. I used to be care free.

Im going with my partner and i won't be getting involved in any setting up of the van and won't be driving and everything is on 1 level. So why am I so scared to leave the comfort of my own house. I think I've become institutionalised in my home and I am starting to panic. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sue x

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

7 weeks out is just starting to get your life back.. at least that is how my first THR went.. I had 6 weeks - short term disability, and I went back to work in good shape... now... the thing about sitting in a car... my cut is....( and when i had L5 back surgery - they didnt want to release me to go the 50 miles home for this reason) is .. the car vibrates,, it puts out a "resonance?" as is moves. that vibration will go through your body and joints equally,,, but if you got a bad one or a mendng one - it still goes there too. you will probably be sore.. a little stiff..I said sore.. not damaged.. I dont think.. I dont think you will "heal" more when travelling..but... carefree is still better.... keep on that track... enjoy..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.