Mirt WD, hard to hang on!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Over 4 months, and still having bad days. It is getting harder to hang on. Yesterday was decent, today is horrible. Digestive issues, fatigue, anxiety, allergy symptoms, depression. I feel as if I have gone back to day one. 2 hours sleep last night. Throat sore from clearing sinus drainage. Headache. Ladies and gents, prayers appreciated. My wife says that the decent day yesterday proves I'm getting better, and today is just a setback. I appreciate what she said, but she hasn't a clue what this feels like, and I hope she never does! David

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi David. I am so sorry u are suffering still. Are u sure all these symptoms are from mirt withdrawal? Would it not be worth going to see Doc again? Maybe go down the natural route? Holland and Barrett may be able to help? Aloe Vera is very good for digestive problems. St johns sort or 5 HTP is good for anxiety. Also I have a smoothie every day which I make myself with banana, spinach, blueberries, raspberries, coconut water and low fat yogurt. Because I am not getting much sleep I thought if I eat healthy it might help. Also I walk every day even when tired as trying to get lots of fresh air to try and get serotonin levels normalised as I guess they are out of balance with me not sleeping. How long does the lack of sleep go on for? I was bit better last night. Sending u hugs Sue xx
  • Posted

May be a counsellor could help also? I know my hubby has been fantastic with me going through a breakdown and I don't know what I would have done without him but sometimes we have to think what it must be like for our loved ones seeing us like this. It is hard for them too. Maybe speaking to else may help? Just trying help. Xxxxxx
  • Posted

Mirt WD Hard to hang on,but you will because 4mths is a long time to suffer just to go backwards. Cmon David you know it's not worth going back.

Susan,may have a point,I know myself your IBS is due to Mirt WD,but can't your GP give you something to sleep,a good nights sleep at least helps you cope with the days. Maybe he could help with some of your other symptoms.   And your wife may not have a clue what your feeling (like my hubby) but I think she's right it does show your recovering.

Take care David and don't you be to hard on that lovely wife of 

Yours that's took care of you. She hurts with you.

• Posted

Hi David,

Four months is indeed a long time to still be suffering.

I am so sorry that following a better day yesterday today is  not good.

I wonder if there is some thing going on too?

Have you had a recent Thyroid function test?

Some of your symptoms match underactive thyroid as well as other conditions.

Due to all the stress your body has suffered perhaps your immune system is not so good.

I agree that it may be a good idea to see your doctor again.

Even though today is not so good the fact that you have had some better days would indicate a small improvement and that must be encouraging.

Are you still drinking lots of water to keep you hydrated?

I keep you in my thoughts and prayers David.

May you soon have better times.

• Posted

Coughing up yellow phlegm, and have a fever. Doctor gave me antibiotics. Maybe that is why I feel so rotten. Thanks everyone for listening and for your concern. David
    • Posted

Definitely not mirt withdrawal. Get well soon David and really think about Aloe Vera very good for IBS. Could I just ask u one question does sleep get better? That is what I am stressing about. thanks xxxxx
    • Posted

Susan, I wish that I could give you a definate answer. It depends on how much the other symptoms affect how you feel when you go to bed. I noticed my sleep getting a little better after a couple of weeks, but the GI cramps/pain got worse and I couldn't sleep when my bowels feel like they are in knots. Someone else may be able to give you a better answer. Good Luck, David
    • Posted

David, antibiotics make IBS worse,I know this because I have Ephesema and if I get a chest infection I have to go on antibiotics and they double me up with Stomack pain.  But my old doctor found me some that didn't affect my tum. The other alternative is take them after food.

Big hug form Norma 

• Posted

I don't remember the name of it now. I hope you understood what I was talking about David,I wasn't saying I've found a magic cure for IBS,I was just saying antibiotics make it worse,but my old doctor found an antibiotic that didn't irritate my IBS.  Just ask your doctor for one or even try googling antibiotics.   Sorry useless information 
    • Posted

Norma, I have been in bed all day, sitting up, with my colon so bloated that it makes it hard to breathe. I am hoping at some point that it will move on out. It is miserable, and was made worse when I went off mirtazapine. I don't need to tell you that constant cramps and spasms take your energy away. I also have splenic flexure syndrome, which makes it worse. I hope that it at least gets back like it was before the mirt wd. David
    • Posted

Hi David,I wish I could come up with some help for you,but we're both in the same boat.  My Stomack is so big now that I look 6mths pregnant,but I've read other people who have said ,there's go up then it will go flat again .Are you like that,or are you like me where it seems to get bigger rather than smaller.  And yes definitely the pain is stronger coming down or off Mirt.

My GP told me to just stop at 15mg ( that's from 45mg) for a couple of months then the pain will die down,but it never has,so once again they don't know what there talking about.

David I'll just put something to you,I believe anyone can feel sorry for you,try to help you,or doctors can give you pain relief but NOBODY knows how you feel but you or someone else in the same position. That's what my brother said to his GP when he was dieing with Ephesema,and his GP said " I know how you feel" true don't you think.  So when it comes to Gastro problems I really do know how you feel.  Big Hugs to you David and I wish I could deliver them in person.  You take good care of yourself.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.