mirtazaphine side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i have been on this drug for over a year now and had it highered to 30mg a few months ago...in the last few weeks i have been getting terrible headaches and dizzness and general feel un well..i have had thoughts of suide..i know not everyone as this and they suit some people..doctor said she will swap me over to something else..anyone had this problem with this medication..thank you in adavange..julie

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Julie 

In my experience all antidepressants have these kind of side effects. I have been on all kinds of ADs over the last 30 years and none of them have helped me at all so I'm coming off mine at the moment. They do work for some people and not every one gets these side effects but they are not for me anymore that's for sure. I think I would rather just have the depression to deal with and not the depression and side effects of ADs to be honest. I'm looking at other ways to deal with it now and anyway I think ADS are no cure they just mask the symptoms. To me taking ADs is like having a headache and hitting my head with a hammer  to cure it 

• Posted

hi michael ..thanks for getting back to me! :-) ive just spoke to my doctor they said they will look at ways to change me over! and said it could be something else..what rubbish why do they allways say that! ive been suffering in silence to long..when i wake i feel low and now these thoughts ive had are enuff! even now my heads banging! ive been on anitdepressants for over 10 years but never felt like this with others! doctors anoy me! i want off all medication for depression but scared now! 
    • Posted

Hi Julie 

Yes I agree with you about doctors, I have given up with them now. Don't be scared about coming off your meds, if you do a very slow taper over maybe a few months you will be ok, that what I am doing at the moment if you come off to fast you will get bad withdrawal symptoms and it can be dangerous to. There are loads of websites about coming off ADs so it's worth having a look just tap in how to come off antidepressants and there is a lot of helpful stuff on there. I started to come off mine 4 weeks ago and been cutting down very slow it's not an easy ride as I do feel a bit crap but I know that it will be worth it in the end once I am drug free. I just want some quality of life and not feel like a drugged up zombie anymore. I really don't know why I have put up with this for such a long time I guess it because my docs brainwashed me into thinking that I need ADs. I'm going to do it my way now and not keep going back to the same situation and expecting a different result 

• Posted

hi again :-) yes seems the allways know the right answers...i dont think they help with depression i think they make it worse!! theres other methods .i will look at these websites..they mask my personalty ive forgot who i am..thank you ! people think im distant so make decisons for me..its these meds they mask everything your voice ur option everything...ive allways had anxiety root from my childhood but since been on AD the anxiety is worse cause i never feel well 
    • Posted

Hi Julie 

Thanks for the reply, I do know a lot about this subject as I have had this got about 30 years now and done a hell of a lot if reasurch into this I certainly don't claim to be a doctor but feel that I have more knowledge than them. I have sent hrs on the Internet and read so many books on this. I recently read a book written by a phyciatrist that used to prescribe ADs to his patients for many years then started to notice how much worse they were getting over the years. He now realises that it's defiantly the meds doing this to them. The book is called ( your drug maybe your problem). Also I have a friend that works for one of the major pharmaceutical company's and he informed me that they know about the harm these drugs cause but will not tell the public about this because they would lose millions of pounds and have a massive amount of law suits against them from people that have been damaged by these drugs. I can't name the company as I could drop my friend into a hell of a lot of trouble. They get these drugs approved by the federation of drug administration because they falsify the test results and the GPS get funding from this company and others and that's why they keep prescribing thes drugs to us patients. So it all boils down to greed for money and they don't give a damn what these drugs do to people. I don't think it will be long before someone blows the lid on this and I bloody well hope they do 

• Posted

hi micheal

wow u have just helped me more than you realise! they call them selfs doctors!! all money isnt it.....i was on a AD for many years , took me 1 year to get off one..head shocks flu systems! awfull time! i believed its banned now but do know people who was on this sued the company! some times i wonder if that caused serious damage to me..hopefully not! was a american drug! i spoke to the GP today as this drug is still available to some patients (wrong) im not looking forward to seeing my doctor next week how can we trust them! ill have a look at the book on line and so some research on this subject ..will also help me while i wean my self off this mirtazaphine! i hope i sail through it but i know it wont be as bad as the experience i had with the american wonder drug i came off many years back! thank you

• Posted

Yes I know what drug you are talking about . Many murders have been committed by people on that drug in America by people that have no history of violence ect. One example was a kind laid back family man that went to his GP with depression and was put on this drug, then after a few days came home from work with a gun and killed his wife and kids. There have been many other cases of this as this drug can make people paranoid and act completely out of character. When I was on it a long time ago I done something very wrong and nearly went to prison for it, this was not me at all as any one that knows me would say that I am a kind law abiding person and always helping people. To this day I can't remember doing what I done it is a complete blank to me. Don't worry I didn't kill anyone lol. I have never done anything like that before then or after so it just goes to show what these drugs can do to people's minds 
  • Posted

shusss my mothers still on them lol...explains alot ! i found them helpfull in a certain situation i was in at the time..fighted my corner :-) but horrible drug and cant believe u can still get them..i was in process of sueing them but cost to much money to do so! the sweating from them was awfull also!! i was a walking mess! something should be done!! theres other ways to fight depression ! got to be!! sorry to hear of your experiences of this drug! if u have any information on mirtazaphine and the effects of coming of them i would be gratefull ..thank you..julie
    • Posted

I have been on mirtazaphine but was put straite on another drug so didn't have any withdrawal symptoms, not than I can remember anyway. If you go on the net and tap in coming off of mertazaphine you will find a lot off helpful info there. Sorry I can't help you with that one but all I would say is that I would expect a slow taper is the way to go, anyway best to check it out on the net 
    • Posted

could you tell me what drug you was put on to ease the side effects of coming off mirtazaphine ? and was that just to see you through getting off these.. i am looking up now on coming off mirtazaphine ..sounds scarey ! julie
    • Posted

I think it was seroxate I went on. Don't be scared about what you read just remember everyone is different so what other people go through with withdrawal doesn't mean you will 
  • Posted

thank you! 
    • Posted

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to take these people that make these horror drugs to court I reckon that of I could get enough people together from this forum and others then it could be done. I feel like it's time something was done about this as these drugs have messed up so many people's lives, and we should be compensated. I have not been able to work on and off for years now and have proberly lost about £100.000 in earnings because of this so imagine what the total must be if you add up the lose of earnings for everyone that has lost time from work due to taking these drugs it must be millions
  • Posted

im with you all the way! this as effected my life! im sick of it!! ive made bad choses while on these dam things!! ive not been me for a long time!! ive losts my job ..i try function how i dont know the side effects are driving me crazy! my heads in my hands all day with the blinding head aches...im with you all the way!! julie
    • Posted

By the way if your getting headaches drink loads of water because the meds dehydrate you that's what causes the the headaches 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.