Mirtazapine 10 days in.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I'm on day 10 of mirtazapine 15mg & i feel shocking if i'm being honest. I feel so agitated with no patience & feel so angry at everything, not to mention very low. Everything is just getting on my nerves big time!!!

Did anyone else get this with this drug & is it normal because i thought it was meant to help calm you down. I'm just so sick of feeling crap everyday!!!!

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Butterfly do you mean your on day 10 of withdrawal or day 10 of being on Mirtazapine?
  • Posted

Hi Norma,

Sorry i didn't explain very well did i, i'm on day 10 of being on them.

Are you on them too? x

• Posted

Butterfly,

Sorry to hear you are out of sorts. I think you need to call your doctor and let them know this is going on. I'm not an expert but I don't think you should feel this bad. They may want to switch you to another med. this one is not for everyone.

again...take care. Give a call and please update me as to how you are doing.

take care and keep in touch x

ps yes I was on this med and I didn't have anger issues, but I have read a few others post the same thing about anger and patience issues. Good luck with this....

• Posted

Hello Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I feel like i'm going crazy & it's just awful. I will defo go and see the gp next week because i hate this feeling. I'm not an angry person at all & it's scaring me. My problem is i have taken nearly every anti depressant going with no success & i really doin't know what to do anymore. I was really relying on this one.

sad

• Posted

Don't worry to much about what medication is next, leave that to the professionals. There are more ways out there I'm sure.

do you have depression or anxiety or both ?

i know it's such a PITA to jump around on meds. I know you'll find something and perhaps this is what it can do to some people as a start up effect.

keep thinking positive, and let me know how you are doing💙💛💜💚

• Posted

Yes but I'm comeing down off them,and the symptoms you describe I feel.Ive got down from 45mg to15mg at the moment,and my temper is unbelieveable .The slightest thing sets me off,I have to tell my husband to leave the house,and I've never been like that.     But to be honest I never had a problem going on them ,but I have read many a post on here the same as you,I think it calms down after a while.             Good luck and hide all the knives lol 
  • Posted

hi butterfly,

if i were you, see doc and explain your symptoms

ask for citalopram they are good im on them , they have made me drowsy and relaxed .

I am on day 5

• Posted

Thank you everyone.

I just can't believe this feeling when there is nothing to be angry about. I mean i get frustrated at the depression but this is way, way more that that. This is overwelming anger & hate at everything & feel i will explode!!!

Don't know weather i should take this evenings tablet or not. Just poured a glass of wine to try & calm myself down. 

• Posted

Always remember that some drugs work for some people but not others.

Every case is individual.

Ask your GP Is the best,way forward x

• Posted

Hi Calole,

I have tried citalapram & i didn't work for me sad 

• Posted

Butterfly1 Are you taking any other med? If you are, you can google “mirtazapine, the name of other drug interaction”, or something to that effect. Or “mirtazapine side effects” if you’re not on another med. In either case, I’d call and talk to the dr. that prescribed it. People have different side effects with meds and may not work the way they’re intended. Steve
  • Posted

Hi Steve,

No i don't take anything else only15mg of this.

I must say i googled mirtazapine & anger though & was shocked to see other people have suffered with this feeling of anger & rage!!

• Posted

Hi butterfly take the advice people have posted. It is better to be safe Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.