Mirtazapine 10 days in.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I'm on day 10 of mirtazapine 15mg & i feel shocking if i'm being honest. I feel so agitated with no patience & feel so angry at everything, not to mention very low. Everything is just getting on my nerves big time!!!

Did anyone else get this with this drug & is it normal because i thought it was meant to help calm you down. I'm just so sick of feeling crap everyday!!!!

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I have just stopped mine after 10 days my feet were swelling up my temper was terrible I had the shakes felt like I was on another planet I couldn't drive because of this I'm going back to my Doc to see if there is anything else but I'm scared to try anything after this

I couldn't stand how I felt after two days off it I still feel weird but know there is an end coming

Good luck if you carry on with them but for me no way

Chrissymd x  

• Posted

Can i ask Chrissy did you just stop or chat to the gp first? I'm worried what to do x
  • Posted

What should i do?
    • Posted

Butterfly. If you truly feel the mirtazapine is causing the anger. Please stop them and ring your,Dr or the emergency Dr for advice. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Chrissy,

I think i will stop them too. This is just scary i don't feel right at all & it always happens in the afternoon i have noticed.

How have you got on without them? 

• Posted

Hi it's day 2 without them still not back to normal but better than I was 

I know the longer I was going to be on them the harder it wod be to come off I simply couldn't have continued with them I broke my computer throwing on the floor with rage burnt myself on the fire because I wasn't with it I cried myself silly because I hated feeling like that I had to stop 

But please do what ever because you want to not on how I felt

There must be another drug with less harmful side effects x

• Posted

I feel just the same Chrissy i have just smashed things up that were getting in my way & i cannot cope feeling this way, plus will have nothing left in my apartment at this rate!!!!

We can help one another through it hun & yes there must be another drug to take. I have honestly never ever felt such rage it's very worrying!! x

• Posted

Have you decided what to do then whatever yes we can come this together 👍
    • Posted

I'm not going to take tonight's and see what happens. I'm hoping to just stop them. x
    • Posted

It's better to stop now than further down the line I must say I felt better in my mind straight away when I stopped day3 tomorrow for me off them tomorrow and don't regret coming off them certainly don't feel any worse 

Be patient it will take time but I'm feeling a little better already  xx

• Posted

Hi,Butterfly. i have been on mirt 15mg for nearly 6 weeks now. I was given these as a last resort after 17yrs of other anti ds either wearing off or getting horrendous side effects with the ssris. I am virtually bedridden with a long term neurological illness, so docs prescribe me anti ds to enable me to cope with it. I have always coped with it but since the mirt i have been so low and snapping at my carers. Its like permanent pmt and i havent had a period for 4 years. lol. I have no family so i feel awful to my poor carers . As well as this i feel so physically ill like my head weighs about 17 stone and my body is so heavy . Also the head pressure and pins and needles in face are horrendous. Its awful really as these like i said are my last resort. Just hope it gets easier in time. Would your gp try you on something else. I really know how you feel as do many others on here so glad i found it. I cant do much for you but as my gp says to me i will pray for you.
  • Posted

Just to add, when my carer rang my gp to tell him how i feel he said to increase the dose to 30mg and it will get better in time.( this from a gp who just prays ) I dare not increase in case i feel worse.
    • Posted

Hello Carole,

I'm sorry you are suffering too. I think i will just stop it cannot be worse than this & is defo these tablets that is making me this way. It's making me feel really evil. These are dangerous in the wrong hands & can imagine someone doing bad things on these. No more mirtazapine for me!!!!!

• Posted

Be careful. Be safe ...and call a emergancy line if you feel you need help.

thinking of you ❤️💚💜💙💛

• Posted

Thank you everyone for such kind words & support it really has helped me this evening x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.