Mirtazapine 10 days in.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I'm on day 10 of mirtazapine 15mg & i feel shocking if i'm being honest. I feel so agitated with no patience & feel so angry at everything, not to mention very low. Everything is just getting on my nerves big time!!!

Did anyone else get this with this drug & is it normal because i thought it was meant to help calm you down. I'm just so sick of feeling crap everyday!!!!

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Butterfly1

My Dr. first put me on Prozac, but it did nothing. Now I take Mirtazapine. From what I’ve read on the web, Mirtazapine is supposed to be one of the better anti-depressants, but from the discussions on this site, it doesn’t work for everyone. I don’t know about the U.K., but every time you get prescription (or refill the same prescription) in America, it is required that an information package come with it with an explanation of what it used for and potential side effects. My info. sheet lists that if you have you experience, (as many have stated before) vomiting/diarrhea, or unusual agitation/restlessness, to get medical help right away. (It’s not a complete list). I’m not a Dr., so I can’t make a judgment call to stop it, or increase the dosage as Carole’s Dr. told her do. Everyone is wired different.

Mirtazapine helps me (45mg), but not my lack of motivation. My hobby is collecting dust, dirty dishes, etc. It’s also beneficial for me to get out and go for a walk, it seems to help relieve some of my stress and improve my mood. I listen to music on my iPod when I go for walks, it aids in keeping down my boredom.

Take Care, Steve (I like the name Butterfly).

• Posted

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear you have suffered too. It's so unfair isn't it.

I wish i was a butterfly then i could just fly away from this horrid illness!!

Take care

Butterfly x

• Posted

Hey I'm on Mirt 30 and I'm back to normal. Yes I had terrible anger and patience issues at the start that I put up with because I got better before on this med. I am on a combo of Mirt 30 at night and 5 escitalopram during the day and the combo for me is perfect. If I'm being honest the Mirt took 12 weeks before I felt the benefits. No depression or anxiety now life for me is brill x hope this helps take care x
    • Posted

Can i ask did the anger ware off then or did it stay & you just managed it? 
  • Posted

Hello Butterfly,

Obviously this drug is not meant for you. Having the opposite effect it's supoosed to have. Have you ever tried homeopathic called passion flower to calm your nerves instead of pharma med?

• Posted

Hello Michele,

Yes i thought it would calm me but not at all!!

No i haven't tried this & have no idea what to do now. I'm sooooo fed up sad x

• Posted

Morning everyone,

Well i didn't take last nights tablet & feel so fed up & dissappointed that i couldn't stick it out. Now what do i do sad.

Butterfly x

• Posted

Morning Butterfly well you have to get an appointment with yr Doc and tell him 

I'm sorry you feel like that I just felt relieved I had rid myself if them horrid things

day four of them for me and I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel 

I have enquired about a Mindfulness course and really am excited about that 

There is life after Mirtizapine 👍

• Posted

Morning Chrissy,

Good on you i'm glad you are feeling more positive smile.

I just feel in such a mess now & god knows what the doctor will give next.

Hugs 

Butterfly x

• Posted

You will do it will take time I'm still weak wobbly and feeling weird but as for what the doctor will give you nxt remember it's your body don't be afraid to say NO 

As for me being Positive I'm not there yet and find it hard to think I ever will I have suffered Deppression for about 15 yrs I would give anything to just be me again to laugh enjoy myself don't think it will ever happen I have tried many tablets, council ing 4 times nothing seems to work 

But I know these tablets were not for me you will get there try to keep busy but safe just think you have rid your body of these awful things 🙏

• Posted

Me too i've had 2 lots of cbt, tried lots of meds & suffered for 8yrs & now it is at it's worse & just wish i could feel better & find something to help even just a little.

I will let you know what the gp says. When are you booked in hun?  x

• Posted

I will ring tomorrow I will let you know if I can get an appointment 🙏
    • Posted

I'll do the same & that's yet another battle isn't it ha!!
  • Posted

Stick with it Butterfly until the morning then go see your Gp. I know it's hard but try and occupie yourself, keep yourself busy and try not to worry.Take care.
  • Posted

In the mean time eckhart tolle does free mindfulness on the you tube would recommend all of his books. One thing he makes clear every person on earth has a problem with depression/ anxiety  or illness. It's not you ...it everyone. That's a lot of people. Everyone shows it in a different way for sure.

living in the now...means exactly that ...living in this second and not trying to escape. I actually think the people with anxiety and depression are closer to living in the now than people who seems normal. Why?  we already  know we have negative thoughts.Thats  the first step. Just hearing the negative crap our thoughts feed us on a daily basis. Anyhow check it out if you haven't already, it's amazing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.