Mirtazapine 15-30

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi,

I have recently upped my dose from 15-30. 8 days in and my anxiety is when waking up is quite bad and lasts most of the day. I have ruined Christmas for everyone close to me, my wife is at the end of her tether with me. Please please can someone tell me it does get better than this. I'm suppose to go on holiday in 3 week and cannot face this. I've been to doctors or spoken to them 3 times before Christmas. I cannot cope with this much longer, just can't settle. It does calm down on an evening but it's just like ground hog day. What am I going to do. Contant feeling of dred and I'm trying but people keep saying you have to think positive, but it's so hard when yr constantly fighting this rubbish. Is it me that's making it worse? Is it side affects? I am ready to just go mad. 15mg when I went on 7 months ago worked wonders, doctors don't seem interested im at my wits end...please help me someone...😢😢

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm just sick to death and feel for you all. Can't get to doctors until Tuesday at the earliest. Not sure how much more I can take of it. Life is no fun anymore and just bring those around me down to my miserable level. Life is just one big struggle!!!!😢😢

• Posted

I have been on Mirt since April this year. Before that cit between 20-40mg for 6 years. I came off cit whilst starting Mirt and instantly felt better. Been on Mirt 15 since April then started with anxiety again about 2 weeks ago and was upped to 30 and agitated and anxious. I am sleeping but anxiety is there and bad in the morning. Also taking beta blockers as needed. I forcing myself to get out, just want a day where I feel like I'm making some progress but nothing. Just down and anxious. I have got some counciling. I took just 15mg Mirt last night to see if that made me feel less anxious but no nothing, still the same. Think I might need to stick to 30 and I hopefully should get into doctors Tuesday. I just feel so low and I'm ruining people's lives around me. It will be a miracle if my marriage survives this.

• Posted

We all seem to be in similar boats here.  GP has referred me to psych and he has tried several a.d.s but has suggested i get off mirtaz, doing it slowly but i feel awful.  Never felt better really on it though hence the trailing off.  I dont know if he has a plan for me but i am very down and agitated, he has given me cpn to help but not much help really.  I tried putting mirtaz back up for a day or two to help sleep but made me worse during day, so now down low on it and anxiety is high, even psych doesnt know what to do.
    • Posted

Hi Richard 

your story is very much like my own regarding mirt...

instead of going up to the 30mg tonight would you not try 22.5 mg tonight ?

i like yourself didn't do well on mirt and never felt very suffered anixety until I was put onto mirt

when is the soonish you can see your GP ?

Tho I didn't get much help from my GP or my physc and both told je to jump of mirt at 15mg which I did

here I a man 3 months free of mirtazapine today and definitely feel he'll of a lot better than I did while I was on mirtazapine 

i know it it takes a while of horrible withdrawals but to be honest I'm glad I stuck it out even though it was horrific from 4th day of no mirt..

I truely believe there is people who really get on well with mirt and then there is folks like us who it just doesn't agree with as I never felt well the whole time I was on it.... in fact I was like walking zombie 

kaz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.