mirtazapine 15mg for anxiety depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been put on mirtazpine 15mg, I have no trouble sleeping but I've suffered since a teenager with anxiety. It's got bad a the min I wake up and step out of bed and all symptoms appear bad headaches going into my neck back pain, I have inflammation in my left chest wall which is painful also a lot of acid feels like I've been winded in my chest all the time. Feel tierd all the time. I have 3 children. My youngest is 2 and he suffers with possible asthma but carnt be diagnosed at his age I am always told. I'm scared that if I take the mirtapine that I won't hear him if her wakes poorly and if I do wake will I be with it need advice please

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there, I've got two little ones and am

Also on 15mg Mirt for anxiety. I CAN still hear them if they wake in the night, my youngest is 3 and still doesn't sleep through. Hope this is helpful to you

Kirsty x

• Posted

Hello,I'm sorry you having such a tough time. I still get tired on Mirta, I've been on 30 mg. But it should get better after a couple of weeks. I'm hoping you get better, let me know how you doing.

• Posted

Hello,I'm sorry you having such a tough time. I still get tired on Mirta, I've been on 30 mg. But it should get better after a couple of weeks. I'm hoping you get better, let me know how you doing.

• Posted

Hi Kerry-Ann,I think you should be all right as far as waking up.I started on Mirt 13 weeks ago on 15mg upping to 30mg(15 in morning,15 at night) 8 weeks ago.It will make you sleepy at first but over time will even out.Good luck and God Bless You,Bob
    • Posted

Does it make you tierd and fall asleep in the day time? Do you have trouble with driving on these Thankyou for giving me abit of confidence in it
    • Posted

No sleepier than normal, wake up feeling a bit tired, but being a single mum to two kids I'm used to feeling tired haha! A friend of mine is on it too and has no trouble driving. Annoyingly I can't drive so can't help on that one. It's not the sort of sleepy that means you're out of it, it does make you feel very sleepy when it kicks in (at bedtime) but after an hour or so after waking in the morning ( lots of cups of tea later) I'm still doing up doing school runs! I'm also training for a marathon, so I really haven't found it a scary sedative x

• Posted

Negative comments about it, every one is different I no but I guess been afraid to take something makes anxiety worse x my partner works a lot so I have to try keep myself positive and not show my fears x
    • Posted

I know how you feel! I have the kids six nights and seven days a week, can't let them see me losing it, I completely understand how you feel about keeping it all together. I have been able to function completely as normal with Mirt though. I was scared like you, if you feel you struggle on 15mg you can always go down to 7.5, don't give up hope, just know you are stronger than you give yourself credit for x

• Posted

I've read lots of negative too. But then I can't use ssri's and I know people that are great on those. We're all different, take each day as it comes x

• Posted

Good to see positives I have been on 15 mg then 30 now on 45 .i do not find it causes me to sleep during the day although I am 60 .and no small little people to look after .only one big one my hubby .can understand your concern definatelty helps me sleep during the night hope this helps god bless Kirsty xx

• Posted

So mirtazpine isn't a ssri? What is this one classed as x I was on escitrapram before xmas but was affecting my liver xx

• Posted

Im not knowledgable to know much about which family they're from - sorry! Just know it's different as I said to my doctor that I could never go through those side effects again!! X

• Posted

I keep telling myself it's all ok lol. Some days are good some days I'm having a wobble. It's nice to talk to someone who understands, Thankyou for chatting with me, really put my mind at ease. I'm going to start my first one on Friday my partner home this weekend, just incase I have any side affect, pleased they are helping you,

• Posted

Good luck with it. Just take one day at a time remember. Here if you need a chat x
    • Posted

Hi Kerry-Ann,Sorry I didn't get back sooner.No it just keeps somewhat calm during the daytime and no trouble driving.God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.