Mirtazapine 15mg Withdrawals

Posted , 2 users are following.

Should I have much of a problem stopping Mirtazapine 15mg after less than One month on them?

Need I taper or will dropping to 7.5 for one week be enough?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi did you start coming off

• Posted

Yes Stew......day 3 of half dose 7.5mg and no problem

Oddly enough even at 7.5 the dose is like knock out drops!

Since stopping Citalopram monster evil drug and now reducing Mirts thing have improved a LOT

Hope you are well and safe

John

x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply and glad it hasnt given you much bother. ive been on 15mg 4 weeks and seem to help but the last week my anxiety increased and agitated so i was meant to go up but was worried that might get worse.

• Posted

hi john

are you completely of mirtazipine now and did you get much withdrawals after. im starting tonight 7.5 from 15

thanks

• Posted

Stu

the MIRT withdraw has been quite easy thus far but not taking any chances......I could not believe it, now down to a 1/4 of a 15mg tab and it still makes me a bit dreamy and sleepy at night! the vivid dreams last night were awesome and off the charts. It was like watching a movie unfold in real time and yet I was aware all the time. Groovy. Put on almost a stone in just 4 weeks courtesy of Mirt

On the other hand....finally stopped the Citalopram after careful reductions and still having night sweats for solid 4 weeks. Citalopram is the Mother and Father of dreadful meds, for me anyhows

All the best Stu and drop me a note any time at all

• Posted

PS

Go down to a 1/4 like me and try a week or so at that level and after that you should be good to go 😃

• Posted

hi john thanks for getting back to me , i didnt take any the night before then my usual 15 mg last night. the doctor said to do it that way and not sure why but i slept fine without it so will do the same for the week which will be the same as dropping to 7.5 mg. i cant wait to get off it.

what symptoms have you had anything severe ect

thanks john

• Posted

so far nothing of note stu

• Posted

hi john sorry to keep on how many days did you stay on the doses

thanks

• Posted

You talk to me as much as you like Stu, I fully understand the need to question and have done so myself many times on here. I am more than happy to reply anytime you have a concern or question

Today is a wee bit jittery for me and it's so odd how I would jump to conclusions and suspect return of anxiety and depression when it is most likely just a reaction to stopping the MIRT

I have been reducing over the course of a month and dropping by half every week or so

15mg down to 7.5mg then down to 3.75mg quarter tablet approx

I was only on MIRT a month but don't wanna take any chances. In that month I have gained a stone courtesy of Cadbury's chocolate and all sorts of junk food. If you were on longer than me take your time reducing to make it as easy as possible. There is no reason to hurry

Sometimes the doctors get it wrong and may suggest, "ach, just stop them in two weeks or so" but the doctors are not the ones suffering from withdrawals. Drag it out man even if you are still on them for xmas it will at least ensure you are not having a bad time due to tapering.....and just think on all them selection boxes on xmas day 😃

All the best from sunny Scotland

John

x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply and i think there will probably be some sort of withdrawal after your last dose.

for me i want to get of them quickly as possible as im very agitated on them which the doctor said its my anxiety , its always my anxiety lol never the medication and ive never felt like that on any others. im also on fluoxetine and this only started on mirtazipine.

i hope your jitters pass quickly mate

• Posted

hi john , hows it going ? ive done a week on one day on and ond day off 15 mg and not sleeping great on tbe days of but no other symptoms apart from the ones i already had. down to 7,5 every other night so im hoping to get some better sleep on the days off. glad im coming of after only 6 weeks looking at all the stories of people struggling to come off.

Thanks

Stewart

• Posted

Hi Stu 😃

taking my last 1/4 tab tonight and doing well thanks

I could not be arsed getting up in the morning for exercise walks but that appears to be changing due to less MIRT in system I think

The MIRT also messes with my COPD and makes congestion worse. I expect that has something to do with MIRT starting life as an anti histamine

As of Sunday I shall be free of meds and fingers crossed will be OK

Did MIRT not work for you Stu and how are you doing my friend,are you OK?

John

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.