Mirtazapine 15mg Withdrawals

Posted , 2 users are following.

Should I have much of a problem stopping Mirtazapine 15mg after less than One month on them?

Need I taper or will dropping to 7.5 for one week be enough?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi john

glad to hear your about to finish and i hope it doesnt give any grief.

ive struggled with anxiety and depression on and off since i was 13

i relapsed about 6 months ago but held off on medication as thought i can do it myself but didnt work out. i started fluoxetine which ive been on a few times. this times the side effects was much worse than before and wasnt sleeping or eating so they gave me mirtazipine to help with that which it did. It hasnt done much else and if anything my anxiety seems worse so i wanted to come off. Also got my weight back

• Posted

Hi john

glad your on your last tablet and i hope it doesnt give you any grief.

mirtazipine was a add on because fluoxetine was giving me lots of side effects much more than the other time. I wasnt eating or sleeping so that helped and plenty of weight lol but it seemed to be making me more anxious from week 3 and agitated so i want to come off.

Anxiety and depression is never easy

so your completely med free so your feeling well which is good to hear

• Posted

Stu

I'm fine thanks but the Citalopram withdrawals still insist (night sweats) God help the folk that have been on the devil Citalopram for years

I really have an eating habit now, courtesy of the MIRT, and I have to get it under control

Nerves and depression are almost back to "normal" I would say and I am very grateful for that.

Doc wants to see me again in a month to check on the slight tremor i have that started when I started the Citalopram....I was dreading xmas coming and me spending it in bed. God ,Stu, it's been a nightmare bro

I hope you are feeling a wee bit better yourself. If I could give any advice it would be to have a focus of some sort, keep fit,sewing, chess,movies....anything to keep oneself in the game and something other than fear to occupy the mind

Give us an update on your condition and hopes for next year,will ya?

Wishing you the best

John

x

• Posted

hi john

im glad its going well 😃

i only tapered for a week and stopped them as wanted off them. Been 6 days and i can still sleep, today feeling down but thats probably to be expected.

Hoping the fluoxetine kicks in soon as getting worried it might not work.

regards

Stewart

• Posted

hi john

did you get any withdrawal symptoms after finishing ?

i stopped much faster and my head is all over the place brain fog and feeling down but no physical symptoms. probably take a couple weeks for the brain to adjust not having the chemical in there.

hope all is good 😉

• Posted

never noticed much at all stu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.