Mirtazapine and venlafaxine and planning to go cold turkey as getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experience of stopping Mirt and venlafaxine together as I am just getting worse (more anxious and depressed) and I'm sick of it all.  The mirt isnt even helping me to sleep now and I am exhausted.  All I'm thinking is that I cant get any worse so may as well give it a go but just checking if anyone has been on the same and did the same and how it went. Thanks x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel. I'vs been on a mirt/ven combo since July 2015 and I'm doing great. How long have you been on them?

• Posted

Mirt since Dec 16 and Venlafaxine since late March 17, and seems a good combination for others because I keep hearing the word "great" which I am not, actually okay would do! But it is giving me hope at least. Many thanks for your support

• Posted

Hi again Rachel. What dosages are you on? My psychiatrist hispitalized me for 8 days to monitor my response to medications until he found the meds and dosages that worked for me. Have you told your doctor that you don't feel any improvement yet? Keep in touch and take care.

• Posted

Mirt 30mg initially increased to 45 went cold turkey and stopped taking for a month and now on 15mg which isn't even helping me to sleep. Venlafaxine on 75mg and should be increased on Monday. Yes they know it's not working but there is no way I could go into hospital, no one knows I'm nuts.

• Posted

First of all Rachel, you are not nuts. A lot of people suffer from depression in silence because they think everyone will think they are crazy. YOU ARE NOT NUTS OR CRAZY. There is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. When you say no one knows, do you mean you haven't even told your family or close friends? Please tell them. They love you and would want to support you. You don't have to go through this hell alone, and you shouldn't try to. Keep in touch and take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.