Mirtazapine and Zopiclone

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi,

Just need some advise. I've been on mirtazapine 15mg for around 8 months. I have anxiety issue in regards to my sleep. The mirtazapine worked a treat up until about a week ago. Now I'm 3 days in and had zero sleep. Needless to say my anxiety is through the roof regarding sleep. Been to the doctors today and they have given me 7.5mg of Zopiclone short term ( 1 weeks supply). If I still have issues I need to go back and maybe up the Mirt. Just really wondering if anyone here has taken Zop alongside Mirt in the short term. Past 7 months been great sleeping just hit a brick wall again😡😡😡😡

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Richard 

sorry I can't help you with the Zopiclone as I've never been on them are they a sleeping tablet ?

i was on 15mg mirtazapine and then they seemed to have stopped working ,I'm now of them coming 10wks but have been on diazepam for some time..

im sure someone will be able to give you some info about mirt and Zopiclone

kaz

• Posted

Yes it is a sleeping tablet. I presume it's safe. If I am still having issues looks like I will have to up the Mirt. It's been great until the last week. My sleep anxiety is through the roof and I'm smoking more!! Double edge sword!! So tired, hopefully this is a blip and the sleeping tablets will help in the short term.

• Posted

Richard 

hopefully your sleeping tablet will get you bk on track as they seem to tell you the higher you up you go on mirt it doesn't cause you more sleep, they give 15mg for sleeping probs...

have you used herbal meds for sleeping?

you should maybe try them rather than upping the mirtazapine ive been on 15mg right up to 45mg and I found I slept better on 15mg

though I know we are all different so maybe higher dose would work for you.

kaz

• Posted

Hi Richard.  How did you get on with taking mirt together with zopiclone.  I've been taking zopiclone 7.5 or 3.75mg but trying not to take daily.  My gp gave me 15mg mirt and I wondered if I can take the two as I have not slept for four nights (I mean not even getting to sleep, rather than waking up during the night) just using 15mg mirt.  The longest I have gone with no sleep at all is 5 days and my life is not worth living.  I really know what your are going through.

• Posted

Hello Rena, you can take the two together, but as a new Mirt user you could keep the Zopi on your bedside in case the Mirt doesn't do the trick i.e. take the Zopi only if you wake up real early. Mirt can really knock you out as a new user. Hope you sleep.

• Posted

Hi Richard, hope the zopiclone does the trick. 15 mg I think is the optimum for sleep issues so I would review the 30mg option. 
    • Posted

Hi,

Do you think I would not be worth going up to 30 of mirtazapine? Also do I take the mirtazapine and Zopiclone together, not sure I fully trust the doctors in the UK but after 3 nights of zero sleep I'm a anxious zombie. Apologies for all the questions.

• Posted

Hi

i would think the both tablets should be taken at night as I know mirtazapine is at night but unsure about the other tab does it not say on box when it should be taken ?

if not you can always fone chemist ask them ,also you can ask if both can be taken together or has there be a time limit between each tab

To be honest with you I'd try and stay on 15mg mirtazapine rather than upping it as side effects can be worse on higher dose 

Though we not everyone gets side effects but you know know until you try

good luck

kaz 

• Posted

Hey Richard,

I have found that increasing mirt will not resolve sleep issues. For me. It will cause a myriad of other side effects. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for all your advice. Can't understand why I have stopped sleeping, but when I don't sleep that's when the panic and anxiety starts. Can't have another night like the past 2 so will give the sleeping tablet a go along with the Mirt. God I wish I could just be normal!!!!

• Posted

Hi Richard

Sorry for your suffering.  sometimes Mirt' can 'poop out' leaving you in involuntary withdrawal, maybe this is whats happening, not sure.  

It might be best to try and interaction checker such as d r u g s . c o m, doctors don't always bother with this !   

Good luck.  I'm not sure upping the dose of Mirt will help you at all, some have said it causes more anxiety.  The lower doses are more sedating and better for sleep.

• Posted

Zopiclone is great for getting a good night's sleep but. GP will only give a short course as can be addictive.

• Posted

Took the sleeping tablet last night and finally got some sleep. Been told I have to take them alternate nights already bloody worried about tonight. Oh the joys of anxiety and sleep issues so annoyed with myself!! Should I take one if I'm already worried about not sleeping. Really sorry to bore you all with this!!😢😢

• Posted

Why don't you take half a tablet each night - that will get you off to sleep and take away your worry  about whether you will sleep. The only downside is you will wake earlier but you will have had some sleep.

• Posted

Yes I might do that. I've been fine on the Mirt since taking it at the start of April slept well in all that time. Few bad nights and I'm back to square one, anxiety through roof, panicking. If I'm still in this state next week I will go back to docs to see what my options are. Got some beta blockers to take for racing pulse but only taking 10-20 mg just to take the edge off. So down about it all!!! Sorry to bore on to everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.