Mirtazapine and Zopiclone

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi,

Just need some advise. I've been on mirtazapine 15mg for around 8 months. I have anxiety issue in regards to my sleep. The mirtazapine worked a treat up until about a week ago. Now I'm 3 days in and had zero sleep. Needless to say my anxiety is through the roof regarding sleep. Been to the doctors today and they have given me 7.5mg of Zopiclone short term ( 1 weeks supply). If I still have issues I need to go back and maybe up the Mirt. Just really wondering if anyone here has taken Zop alongside Mirt in the short term. Past 7 months been great sleeping just hit a brick wall again😡😡😡😡

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Richard,

I was on Mirtazapine 30mg and took 7.5mg Zopiclone at the same time. It relieved the insomnia for a while. I had no problems taking both.

I did have problems with the Mirtazapine side effects... and still having them despite starting a on Trazodone. I think if the Mirtazapine is disturbing your sleep then get off it... it's an awful drug!

Karen X

• Posted

Mirt worked really well up until the last few days. If I'm still struggling after these tablets I will go to the docs and see of any alternatives. I took the sleeping tab last night and really not suppose to take any tonight but I know what could potentionaly will happen I'm anxious now 😡😡 think I will take half a tablet 3.75 instead of 7.5 tonight. What is trazadone if you don't mind me asking?

Rhanks

• Posted

Hey Richard,

In a pinch, i use 10mg propanolol, 5mg melatonin, and 100mg benadryl and earplugs. If i am lucky that will drift me off for a few. Try as best as you can to put your worries at bay especially at bedtime. I know easier said than done.

• Posted

Thanks guys think I will take half tonight along with my mirtazapine 15mg. Like I say my anxiety is through the roof I'm a work but feel like I'm in constant panic mode. Might have to speak to the docs about the mirtazapine. I came off Cit to go on this due to hurrendous sleep. I was on 40 mg of cit for 4 years, don't take that now. Just the MIT 15mg. So fed up I've tried CBT but when u are in constant panic that goes out the window. Unfortunately when I'm like this I smoke a lot and I know I should not. 

Is there any advice you guys could give me if and when I go back to the doctors, sure I will do!!

Thanks guys for listening😘😘

• Posted

Hi Richard,

Treat the anxiety with mind control, for now, practice it, in the long run it could pay off big time.  I recommend

D A R E   response   . c o m - I type this way as the moderator will delete my post if it picks up I'm typing another web site.   I know it takes time, but I'm thinking that IF, and its a big "IF", Mirt has pooped out on you then the anxiety needs to be brought to heal (as if its that easy ... no I know its not and I respect and feel for anyone suffering from it).  

Glad the Zopiclone is helping Richard, and wishing you well.

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you suffering. Your story mimics my own.

Sounds like you have fallen into the same trap as I did,

What I did for myself was start lowering the dosage and was able to continue sleeping.

Good luck and God bless

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. Was it Mirt u was on? How much? For me it's all stems round sleep if I don't get any my anxiety is terrible. Glad I've got some sleeping tablets at the mo, just fed up totally out of the blue. If you have anymore info that would be great.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

I was on MIRT for a year and started weening off,   started at 7.5 and ended at 11mg. I have been off for 5 months now,  Sleeping is the issue for me also.

I’m not sure what all your story is or what all drugs you take.  But look into Homeopathic, CBT/sleep  and mindfulness, Exercisr and eat healthy  It works.

Partial quote from bemmeh:

.The moment I stopped struggling against insomnia it simply started going away, though not suddenly. It took quite a while. But the improvement was real from the start. Insomnia is not a thing in itself. The ability to sleep is so strong among us, humans or animals in general, that it is almost impossible to seriously alter it. Insomnia in us humans appears when we TRY (and therefore struggle) to sleep. You just need to stop doing all the things you are doing FOR sleeping and let your body and mind do whatever they want - if you sleep it's OK but if you don't, that's OK too (everybody has bad sleep for all kinds of reasons once in a while). When sleep time comes just go to bed, close your eyes, and rest. Don't TRY to sleep, as you are used to do. Just rest! If sleep comes that's OK, if it doesn't that's OK too, you haven't been very successful in getting the amount and quality of sleep you have desired anyway - that's why you call yourself an insomniac. So why keep on trying/desiring? Just let it go. Accept your reality and move on to the things in life you can control over. Sleep is not something we can control. You just need to trust your body and mind for it and stop trying to do anything whatsoever for it. Good luck!

Good luck.

• Posted

Great quote. Will certainly try. Just need that bit of help at the moment I only have one week of sleep tablets. I should take them so at least I can get some sleep I suppose. Then reassess the situation. I'm on 15 mg of Mirt how was it coming off if I need to?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi,

For me coming off the MIRT was quite problematic to say the least, I am very sensitive to medications, if the bottle says take two, I take one.

Now,  if you really want to know all the details of getting off the MIRT, you can read what people have said in the Mirtazapine Forum,  and If you want to know my personal experience, you should privet message me, as I don’t   like talking openly about how bad or much I suffered, as it has a tendency to upset folks, and cause anxiety for those who need and take it to get by.

For me coming off the MIRT was quite problematic to say the least, I am very sensitive to medications, if the bottle says take two, I take one.

Now if you really want to know all the   details of getting off the MIRT, you can read what people have said in the Mirtazapine Forum and If you want to know my personal experience, you should privet message me, as I don’t   like talking openly about how bad or much I suffered, as it has a tendency to upset folks, and cause anxiety for those who need and take it to get by.

• Posted

Hi, tried not to take a sleeping tablet and was a nightmare for first hour in bed. Had to take one eventually after battling. Woke up to anxiety straight away. Not sure what the hell to do now so anxious now about tonight. Off into work even though I feel like it's a massive struggle. Just feeling like crying now and at my wits end. So sorry to bore you all with this but what a time for all this to happen. Don't really want to go to docs as he/she will only up my meds!! Oh what do I do. Laid there trying deep breathing only for my body and mind to keep me awake and jolting. What a nightmare.😢😢

• Posted

Spoken to another doctor today and I have to start taking 30mg of Mirt on a night. TBH I will try this my anxiety is awful. I hope it works......
  • Posted

Hi,

I know what you’re going through, try and ride it out if you can, Mirtazapine works better at the lower doses for sleep, I was on 7.5 for almost one year and when it stopped working for sleep the doctor told me to up the dose, I only up the dose by One MG, It was at that point I knew I had to get off the stuff.

Doctors are only going to prescribe you pills they don’t have any other tools to work with.

Try and stabilize then you can think better. Work on a plan to get off the MIRT. 10% reductions work best for most people.

Goog luck

• Posted

I took 30 mg last night didn't do anything for me and zero sleep. I phoned in sick today I rode it out for 4 days and could not face going in. Im sticking to 15mg. Is it better for sleep at 7.5mg? All my anxiety comes from lack of sleep!! I never feel anxious about other things what so ever. Wish I could lay there and say oh well tonight's not going to be a good night Nevermind!! No that's not me I just gets angry!!! I was on citalopram 40 mg and came of that in 8 weeks didn't really have any withdrawal at all I can remember. Is it bad if dropped Mirt from 15 to 7,5??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.