Mirtazapine. Did anyone else feel shaky/weak on this?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Taken my 2nd tablet of 15mg and after feeling really tired/out of it, feel shaky and very weak, is this normal and will it subside?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A lot of people mention feeling this way and saying it settles after a little while.
  • Posted

Thank you so much for that....im going to stick with it, just not a nice feeling at first!
  • Posted

I know what you mean....I was worried driving on it and I had a bizarre day at work where I felt like I was in a waking dream state....I actually slept to begin with! It gets better with time - well that's my experience- I'm on week 4
  • Posted

Yes...feel very out of it, the weakness/shakiness scares me a little but Ill stick with it. Thank you for support anyway x Have severe anxiety which makes me feel very bad...so want to stick with it need to feel better! x
  • Posted

Sounds like ME talking! At least try a few weeks if you can - so you can honestly say you gave it a fair shot and you won't always be wondering- I've read a lot of people commenting so positively about it and I've been so hopeful that maybe it could help me, even though I've felt so crap that I didn't think anything could really help me ....I'm still up and down but not ALWAYS down like I was - that's something ....I hope...
  • Posted

Your right.....ive got to at least give it a shot...and I will x
  • Posted

Yes stick with it, I have been on 15g for ten days now and feel an improvement, slight, but definitely better
  • Posted

Please stick with. A lot of people are put off because the first few days of Mirtazapine can be difficult for some with the drowsiness and tiredness but I promise you it goes away. Once you've got out of the tiredness and zombie feeling..there are literally hardly any side effects for the majority of people. A few days of being a zombie is worth it for the outcome smile Mirtazapine has served me well so far.. I'm on 45mg but started on 30mg. The tiredness went for me about 3-5days after starting smile
  • Posted

It's taken quite a while for me to get the right dose and start to get better. The thing is, I had a lot of trouble with understanding that it was a gradual change. I expected to feel better in a few weeks. I stayed at 30mg for 10weeks before deciding that although I had improved...I needed a bit extra and it's been much better since! Prepare yourself for a few setbacks, but setbacks don't mean you're going backwards...eventually you have more and more good days smile
  • Posted

I just hope my story turns out as well 😊
  • Posted

I'm sure it will....it's just a lot of patience and reassurance that is needed along the way. I really had trouble accepting that I'm going to feel a bit up and down for a while, but it does even out eventually. Touch wood, I'm in remission now. I will admit, patience is probably one of the hardest things for an anxiety sufferer to have! lol smile
  • Posted

It's almost impossible to see light at the end of the tunnel when depression clouds your judgement
  • Posted

Thanks nuffy. The people on here are very supportive and have good advice. Patience us not my strong point either Rachael, and maybe I was looking or hoping for more than what I have got, but it has only been ten days and 15g, but yes it is better
    • Posted

Shaking feeling doesn't go always away. I've been on mirtazapine for months and every morning i wake up with shaking hands and disorientation. Going to wean off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.