Mirtazapine. Did anyone else feel shaky/weak on this?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Taken my 2nd tablet of 15mg and after feeling really tired/out of it, feel shaky and very weak, is this normal and will it subside?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This anonymous way of reaching out and hearing from other people and their experience is really valuable.
  • Posted

I know nuffy, but trust me, it does and can get better. It's not an overnight thing. I'm a generalised anxiety sufferer but because it was my first episode...I then suffered from depression from dealing with the anxiety if that makes sense. The depression lifted before my anxiety on Mirtazapine, it's the anxiety that's been the pain in the bum for me... I've found forcing myself out and arranging to meet up with people has really helped alongside...I know it's easy to say 'it helps' but once you force yourself, in my opinion it does help. I hope mirtazapine works well for you both in the next few weeks..any improvement is good..you just need time smile
  • Posted

Well after taking my 3rd 15mg Mirt tablet, I have woke up with nausia, vomited, got diorreah also which sent me panicking. Looked on the leaflet for the tablets and it does state that these are common side effects so made me feel a little better...horrible to go through though, hope it subsides! Did anyone else have the same??
  • Posted

Most people have very few side effects when starting this one. I think you have to be mindful that you could get sick or have diarreah with or without tablets. Its very easy to look out for symptoms when you start and the bottom line is that we should all really not research our medications as it just fuels anxiety and symptoms...but that's easier said than done....I know! Lol It could very well be side effects for you but yes it will pass if it is...and its worth sticking it out because you'll just get a bunch of other side effects starting another one and this is supposed to be less harsh side effects wise...everyone's different though smile x
  • Posted

Think Rach has got it spot on. I was dead set against raking the drug coz of side effec thankfully not had any can't cope with really. I think mirt is one if the better ones in that respect
  • Posted

Its my third day on it. Feeling a bit spaced out but not too bad. I am not noticing any shakiness but I seem to get a tiny bit of random leg twitching from time to time. Nothing to worry about though.

I have found that it slightly hampers my drive to actually do something - like for example, completing complex job applications (need to do lots at the moment as currently looking for a new job after being dismissed from my last job).

However, once I get into the task required, I find it helps me to focus and stay calm which has enabled me to do a pretty good job sorting out aforementioned job applications. I need to be calm and able to deal with a lot of things at the moment and sleep is key to this. Mitrazapine is the only antidepressant I have ever used which doesn't give me insomnia. Some depressed people sleep too much but I have terrible sleep problems with depression which SSRIs make worse. Mitrazapine seems to work well for me and it appears to be much faster acting than SSRIs.

I have also been able to drink alcohol on it in moderation. They say that you should not drink but then, if you are feeling a bit better you shouldn't have to worry if you have a couple of beers. Getting pissed on it probably isn't a good plan though.

• Posted

Thanks for all your replies to this discussion....I am on my 7th tablet and feeling a lot better, Im not waking up anxious and panicky as I was, little tired but I can deal with that! The only other downside ive noticed that I cannot stop eating!! Im constantly hungry and picking all the time lol
  • Posted

Glad to hear it angipoos! You will get there I can assure you. When I got dismissed from a job last week that I loved and achieved so much in 6 years, I honestly felt the lowest I ever felt in years. Slowly but surely I am building my life back together. I can honestly say that Mirt has definitely lifted me out of the nasty black void. I can sleep well, I feel refreshed in the morning, I'm able to concentrate on things (like complex job applications!) and I know it won't be long until my life gets back together again and slowly taper off the dose. I landed a temporary job today working for my friend too which will pay the bills. Sleeping properly is the holy grail. SSRIs mess that up badly for me even after 1-2 months of taking them. Mirtrazapine (15mg every night) is the best AD I have ever taken. The most important thing is that I still feel that I am myself. SSRIs always made me feel like I was detached from reality making it hard to concentrate on things. More GPs should look at Mirt for people with insomnia type depression.

• Posted

Luke,

So sorry to hear about your job.....but so glad that you seem to be positive and building your life back. Ive only been on this a week and feel better....im not anxious when I awake and the panic feelings have gone. I know that it still has time to kick in but if it gets even better for me I will be on top!

A few people have put me down saying that you always feel good at first and then it wears off and your back to square one but im trying to stay positive and hope I am where you are. How long have you been taking Mirt?

• Posted

only 6 days now. It started doing something on day 1. I really don't think it can get worse to be honest. I feel like I am really getting better and that it's not just the drug.

• Posted

Hi I have been taking mirtazapine for a few days now, I started on 15mg for my anxiety and slight depression but I started having side effects night sweats, feeling not with it most of the day ( but not tiredness) just not with it like I'm a alien👽 just landed lol.. I Feel like I have had far to many red bulls, you know that shaky feeling to much energy running round my body etc but my mood has lifted I and that feels great other than these symptoms I'm getting.. I feel like I can't do my job I'm a beauty therapist and have tweezers and scissors near people's faces all day... Not good when my body and hands feel shaky.

Pllllleeeeaaaasssseeee some1 give me some hope that these symptoms will pass soon I've even dropped to 7.5mg half a tablets but still getting them xxxx

• Posted

I was on 15mg then upped to 30mg after 6 weeks, but I stopped them because for me the shaking never went, especially in my legs. Then after excersise and exertion my arms would be trembling, this is a normal reaction after doing weights but with mirtazapine it became unbearable, it actually put me off excersising then the weight gain, so with these symptoms I decided to stop taking them, Ive never taken well to anti depressants but at least I gave these a decent time to work (about 10 weeks) . But for me, no... The tingling, burning twitching and trembling didn't subside.

• Posted

yes Ive been on mine 2 weeks and my legs feel wobbly and balance not very good.

Ive had fair few side effects feel like big chunks of the day just disappear.

I wake up in the night with a sick taste in my mouth

My coordination isn't great.

Not sure what to do really whether to stick with it or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.