Mirtazapine Facebook Group

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can someone who runs the nice Facebook mirt group please let me know what it is called. I used to be a member 2 years ago but left Facebook. I wanted to try and taper off mirr again after an unsuccessful try 2 years ago that triggered anxiety that Ive just come through but i want off this drug as its been almost 7 years i have taken it and its caused my health to deteriorate badly and my mental state. I know people may say but look how bad your anxiety went when you slowly tappered and yea that is true it got worse but i think that was purely withdrawal and that it was my underlying anxiety state coming through again because honestly my anxiety was never as bad as it has been these 2 years after i tried to withdraw and now i have depression too so i want off as it isn't helping wither condition.

I was on 15mg. i got down to 11.5 when the anixety hit hard with severe panic attacks that led to 12 months of horrendous anxiety and panic. That was all of 2018. I am now in a bit of a better place hut my anxiety has never gone down to where it was prior to withdrawal. but i no longer have 12 hour panic attacks, every single day like i had in 2018. Now it is more like general anxiety every day. Anyway, I want to try again even slower. I was withdrawing by 0.5mg every 2-3 weeks so i plan to go slower. I went back up to 13.7 by mid 2018 to see if it helped from the 11.5 I got down to, doing 0.25mg increases that year and i have stayed on that dose since.

I would love to join that group again if anyone can point me in their direction please.

Thank you

Julie

0 likes, 116 replies

Report / Delete

116 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi julie, if its the group i started i can help you, send you a message x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Tori. You have sent me several messages and I thank you. 6 weeks off MIRT and insomnia getting worse not better. Of course lack of sleep triggers insomnia. My doctors have tried everything, melatonin, phenergen, diazapam. Nothing helps except the sleeping pill ZOPICLONE?which I take occasionally to get some sleep. You have reassured me that the insomnia does eventually go. I'm finding it hard to have hope. I slept only 2 hours last night. You clearly have heard about many peopl's experience. Do you know of anyone who never got over the insomnia after quitting MIRT

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Dear Toria Thanks for the reassurance. I have no life at the moment but you have given me hope. I will have to resort to sleeping pills sometimes- reluctantly but nothing else works and I cant' go witout sleep every night. I dont believe you took sleeping pills. Did you get zero sleep many nights like me. What did you do or take to get by. Many thanks again for your many responses.You are helping me in a very vad time

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i dont think everyone does. I have certainly suffered from insomnia while tapering down the dose and since quitting 6 weeks ago. IT doesnt seem to be improving but TORIA who knows a lot about the drug assures me that eventually I will recover.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi again, aw no worries, ive always suffered with bad sleep so ive been on zopiclone for many years, when i was in peak withdrawal from mirt even that didnt help me sleep so its very positive its helping you ❤️ i remember when i started getting better feeling my sleep getting longer and more restful it felt great, you will get there too x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

llorc.

I went 20 nights and days without sleep. zero. Thought i would never sleep again. Had to go to hospital to get myself in right direction. READ everything about all

these drugs.. Doctor wanted to put me on toxic Lithium and Imiprimine and i refused.

I studied all i could, even if not sleeping.. Then doctor prescribed Depakote and Trazadone.. had terrible side effects and i read about them at nurse's station... Then

prescribed Dalmane ( a great sleep drug for me ).. long half life, which is easier to ween off. Not easy, but easier than xanax, klonopin, ativan,.. and also was on Prozac.

Began to sleep. The key to this was me researching the drugs I,,, I wanted to take.. and

to become better, without severe side effects. Who knows where i would be today if

taking Lithium ?? It can be very toxic. So can tricyclic depressants.. So all those concerned... do your research... i did not when started on Xanax, and wish i would have never taken one pill.. never !!!...Xanax ruined my life for many years.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I took immipramine for many years and my Shrink told me that immipramine can affect the heart.I had a dificult time gettingmy prescription at Walgreens fora while and had to go through withdrawls until he gave me 0.5 mg of zanax.This helped me get some sleep.I just worry about if I need to stop taking the zanax the withdrawls will be as bad as the immipramine.I did really well on the immipramine,Not worth any heart issues though.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was told by my current doctor that the brain heals over

time. I have a friend that is proof of that. He was on very

powerful psyche drugs for many, many, years... Now, he does not need

any of the drugs. It took many years. Have faith. Have faith.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up