Mirtazapine for 6months, think it's making me feel depressed!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been on mirtazapine for about 6months now. 3months at 30mg and 3months at 45mg. I was put on it due to generalised anxiety and mild depression from a build up of stresses in my life. It hasn't been plain sailing and to be honest the only thing mirtazapine has done is help me sleep. My anxiety is much reduced compared to before I went on, but I genuinely feel like I'm only as good as I am because I've done it myself with life changes etc. I've just gone back to work and it's really good for me socially. 6months into mirtazapine and I'm starting to become upset by the constant feeling of numbness, miserable mood, irritability, and the weight gain is starting to make me miserable. I can deal with a bit of weight, as i was skinny anyway, but like all my work clothes I purchased a month ago are all now too small. It's becoming upsetting and I can feel the anxiety creeping back in. I feel like the fact the mirtazapine is making me feel miserable and low, is setting off my anxiety again, and I am wondering if anyone else has in fact felt better after stopping mirtazapine? I have a docs appointment to discuss coming off in a few weeks. 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachael, I was just wondering how you got on coming off the Mirtazapine? I too am in the same boat, planning to cut my 15mg tablet in half starting tonight.

Thanks

Jason

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.