Mirtazapine. Good experiences

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all... so after trial and error on ssri's I've now been put on a different type of antidepressants... mirtazapine!! I'm on day 9 and feeling terrible. My Anxiety is through the roof, feeling very sick and generally exausted by life at the moment with this constant battle against depression and anxietys. I'm losing hope that I will ever get better. Positive stories please. Has mirtazapine worked for others for both anxiety and depression? And if so what mg I'm only on 15mg at the moment as I'm sensitive to medication. X

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thankyou for your reply Chrisy. Still struggling everyday but I am only at 4 weeks on mirtazapine, tonight is my first night on 45mg and I'm very nervous about side effects. I take it along side 7.5mg olanzapine which is also my first night at a higher dose from 5mg... I just keep hoping these medications work as my life is currently on pause!! I hate this feeling of helplessness and hope for one day soon to start feeling better. Sorry your having a hard time coming off the meds... something in the future for me to not look forward to but at the moment I would try anything to be better... my worry with the increased dose is increased anxiety, did you noticertainly problems when upping the dose? Thanks

Leanne

• Posted

hello,

all I can say is, that you can expect some better and some bad days...I am on day 20 on 30 mg, but still not Quite ok...yesterday was great, but today :-(. I still hope for week or two to be better. You should also be positive,, patient...maybe we are the lucky ones that Mirt is a life saver for us...

• Posted

I have had a good first two weeks on 30mg...going up to 45 on Friday..I I've used a few meds for anxiety and this is by far the best yet..stick with it Leanne is all I would say for now..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.