Mirtazapine issues

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

New to the forum so bare with me. Have been being treated for depression for the last 9 months. Still no closer to feeling like my old self, but that's due to a combination of the depression and the constant pain I feel from a herniated L5/S1 disc.

Currently I'm taking 20mg Citalopram, 3600mg Gabapentin, 1000mg Naproxen, 40mg Esomeprozole, 50mg Amitriptyline and the odd Tamazapam at night. My Dr now wants to add 15mg of Mirtazapine into the concoction of medication, but I know very little about it. Having read through some of the other posts on the forum I can see people have mentioned the fact that it makes you very groggy, which really isn't helpful as I already struggle to wake up in the mornings and am consistently late for work, which of course is adding more stress as I'm close to being taken to a disciplinary hearing. My Dr advised me that it would help with my difficulty in getting to sleep and not waking up during the night, but it seems it's just going to add to my issues with waking up.

I've kind of hit a point now where I really don't know what to do, and it just feels like i'm being bombarded with medication until something works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Sorry to hear that some of you have been affected so badly. I've decided to go back to the drs this week to have a discussion about it. Hoping he can put some of my fears at rest, or come up with something different

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.