Mirtazapine making me worse

Posted , 11 users are following.

Been on mirtazapine 7.5 mg for 2 weeks. My depression and anxiety feel like there getting worse not better. Is this normal

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It can sometimes takes med 4 to 6 weeks to work and yes it can get worse before it gets bettersad
    • Posted

Omg I don't know if I can wait that long. My doc gave me ativan to help but afraid to take it. I heard it makes depression worse.
  • Posted

Hi pattty iv been on 30mg for 3 weeks now got say has helped but still a little dizzy first 2 weeks felt like there was no hope as the saying goes your going to feel bad before you'll get better best of luck hunny x
    • Posted

Thank u Kathleen. He told me I could up the dose to 11.25 but afraid to cause of how I feel
    • Posted

Alot of people was telling me 30 mg of mirt was way 2 high dose for me i'm only tiny petite did help with sleep in the beginning I suffered for weeks to sleep before taking this tab also got prescribed this for major depression anxiety and lack of sleep is working ok for the depression though apparently you start from a small dose as more sedative
    • Posted

2 day on upped dose. Only slept 11:45 to 3:30. Tossed and turned until 4:45, got up and crying spells. First night 7 hrs and good day. See doc Wednesday.
  • Posted

Maybe you just need to go to 15mg as 7.5 isn't helping.. I started on 15mg 2weeks later 30mg ..I was on sertraline before this ..
    • Posted

I was on 45mg og mirtazapine for 6 years it started working straight away and only side affect was weight gain I was on it for depression and then in December last year the anxiety started thats the first time in the 16 years Ive had depression that Ive suffered from anxiety.

Now they reckon the mirt has stopped working so now Im weaning off mirt and onto sertraline, Im terrified Ive heard really bad thing about sertraline

• Posted

Hi Lynne my doc suggested I go to 45mg because Its a sleeping aid too.. instead of getting zopiclone .. I started mirtazapine in Dec .. Iv felt great till last week & then had a real bad day that's taken its toll.. I have to say this has been the best AD iv been on.. Iv been on sertraline for years if you suffer with anxiety I don't think it's any good tho.. it made me yawn all the time especially in bright lights.. it didn't put weight on me like mirtazapine though ..
    • Posted

One of my main problems with depression is sleep and mirtazapine was great for that, just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope sertraline works

biggrin

• Posted

I'm sorry it stopped working for you. Hoping you find a new one that works quick for you. I know a lot of people on sertraline and it works great for them. Me personally couldn't take it

• Posted

I don't like them either. The mirt doesn't even help me with sleep and I heard the higher you go the less sedation
    • Posted

There could be some truth in that Im on my second week of cutting down so Im on 30mg at the moment and Im getting a better sleep now than I was with 45mg
    • Posted

I slept better on 30mg than 15mg, so it is different for everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.