Mirtazapine making me worse

Posted , 11 users are following.

Been on mirtazapine 7.5 mg for 2 weeks. My depression and anxiety feel like there getting worse not better. Is this normal

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi patty

Has your gp prescribed 7.5 for your depression, or did you not wish to start with 15mg? When I took 7.5 I had a little bit of relief but i dont think it tackled my depression. Upon taking 15 mg 6 days ago, I now feel 80% recovered.

God bless ♥

• Posted

I only had relief the first day of taking it. He started me low because I have a low tolerance to medication. Been going downhill since first day
  • Posted

7.5mg too small a dose to be effective in tating depressn. Most people need around 30mg and nomally start on 15mg. I would ask your GP if you can increase the dose.
    • Posted

Sorry for the missing letters.
    • Posted

I have a low tolerance for medication that's why he started me on a low dose. He told me to go to 11.25 for 2 weeks but have been afraid too cause how I feel on it. Crying more, racy thoughts, extreme anxiety
    • Posted

He also gave .5 ativan but I read on here it can cause adverse reaction
    • Posted

Wow patty that's how I was before taking mirtazapine ..I Gt started on 15mg & really I felt so much better still have thoughts bt Theyv slowed down loads I dnt have to shout at myself anymore
    • Posted

I want it to work so bad but afraid to up dose and I know I need to. I feel way worse on it.
    • Posted

It would be great if it would at least help with sleep
    • Posted

Just take the chance patty were all scared to try but have too.. 15mg helped me sleep like a baby .. Iv had insomnia for years.. 30mg I dnt sleep as easy bt do get there sometimes with the help of 7.5mg zopiclone
    • Posted

I don't no iv never heard of that .. I take lithium with mine ..
    • Posted

I might try a little ativan, then up the dose tonight if the ativan works. I only take it if needed
    • Posted

Hi Patty

Just a thought, did you say (above) that you were on sertraline?  When did you stop taking this ?

I know Ativan is quite a strong Benzo, you need the sleep to lift you, why not take the Ativan about 8 pm then the Mirt' just before bed?  It doesn't mean you have to take both every night, I think once you manage to get a few nights sleep under your belt, so to speak, you might find the Mirt' will help you.

What happens to you when you take higher doses of AD?

• Posted

I feel like I'm going out of my head, detached. I tried sertaline for 6 days and it messed with my heart to much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.