Mirtazapine tremors

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else experience inner shaking on mirtazapine?  I was started on 30mg 7 weeks ago for menopause anxiety.  Other than helping me sleep, I have felt really light headed to the point of almost fainting, muscle twitching, joint pain and into the 4th week the inner tremors started.  I asked to come off them, and reduced to 15mg for 2 weeks, the shaking & faint feeling seemed less frequent, I am now on one every other night, however still sometimes feel like I am plugged into the mains!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I am still feeling slight-headed from taking mirt last night. That is what it does.

I don't get shakes which I seemed to do with LIthium which I am now off. You need to speak to your GP or care coordinator if you have one.

• Posted

Hi, I have been on mirtazapine for 8 weeks and have been through aches, headaches, lightheadedness, imbalance and inner shaking. I put the shaking down to anxiety but it is interesting you say your tremors have decreased as your dose has. I feel like this shaking is just under the skin and bubbles like lava. Have you found any techniques that help you with your anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi Sue, yeah that's exactly how the shaking feels with me.  I was taking it around 10pm and I was fine then, it was the next day I had all the symptoms, almost like a withdrawal meaning the only benefit I got from it was the ability to sleep.  I stopped taking the mirtazapine on wed and still have the symptoms, so could be withdrawal I guess.  I have started using transdermal magnesium for sleep which works.  I also take 5mg diazepam which is prob not the best solution but it helps for a while.  I have also found rescue remedy to be quite beneficial.  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.