mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 7 users are following.

I started mirtazapine was on it for 9 weeks, 15 mg for 17 days, 7.5 for 41 days felt better doc said just quit I asked about tapering he said take 3.75 for 5 days and quit , I was off for 31 days and week 4 and 5 got really bad, high anxiety and panic attacks, I reinstated at 7.5 for 12 days then cut down to 3.75 for 31 days, I am just starting 1.87 now, my question is how will be my withdrawal this time. I was only on 7.5 for 12 days, tapered to 3.75 for 31 days and now on 1.87, would like to stay at 1.87 2 or 3 weeks then quit

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lynne, yes it did, it helped with the issues i was having, now that i'm in a better place its the right time to get off it.

• Posted

how are you doing now, I have been off for 20 days now, not taking any thing having alot of anxiety

• Posted

HI Mark

Similar story with me. I used Mirtazapine for only 2 months and than needed more than one year and a half to go off. I think you should stabilize yourself at a very low dose and than slow tapper from there....

• Posted

I tapered down to 1.87 and quit , its been 20 days now, my first week was ok, second week wasnt to bad had some rough days, but the third week I have been having high anxiety I have activan but I don't take it, any advice for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.