Mirtazapine withdrawal and weight loss

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I stopped 15mg mirtazapine cold turkey a week ago. I feel great except the dread that the symptoms will be kicking in soon . my gp says I should not suffer as I'm taking citalopram . has anyone been lucky enough not to get withdrawal symptoms? also how long has peoples weight took to come off? thanks in advance

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I lost 9 pounds in 10 days after quitting mirtazapine eventhought i haven't changed my diet or amount of physical activity. I have constant need to pee after quitting mirtazapine maybe its because the fluids that mirtazapine accumulated in to me are now leaving my body. I believe that this medicine changes my body metabolism in bad way..

• Posted

Mirtazapine helped me sleep, but i have sexual problems with it.

That is awful ! !.. Before, without it, i wanted sex with girlfriends

5-6 times a week... not now and that depresses me.. I don't know

what to do..... plus, my mouth is dry. Less saliva. I think many of these

so-called medications help in some way but the side effects are

intolerable form any people. I wonder if Mirt dampens sensual desire

in most every woman ? ? ? ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.