Mirtazapine withdrawal. How to get our minds off it.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I believe we all are going to make it. We are not here to terrify each other, but to help each other exchanging info. Unfortunatelly we all believed our ignorant doctors who gave us this stuff without warning us about side effects and about the withdrawal process. We are experiencing one of the hardest moments of our lives. We are angry at the doctors and annoyed at our wives, husbands, relatives who thing we are exagerating...We feel lost. Nevertheless we found a little oasis, this site, where we feel less alone. All the people here, have a brilliant intelligence. Now, to get our minds off this drug I have a question:

What are your 10 favourite movies of all time?

My list

1) Chariots of fire

2) Rear window

3) Ghandi

4) Rocky

5) Top gun (yes Top gun...When I saw it I fell in love with K.Mc Gillis)

6) Dead poets society

7) Braveheart

8) Jaws

9) I do not remember

10) I do not remember

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am a sucker for romantic comedies but like When Harry Met Sally. I recently went to one with Cameron Diaz - I can't remember the title - but the man was portrayed as a dope. I looked round and realised I was the only man there.

Of the recent films I have seen Ten Years a Slave was very powerful.

During the school holidays all the films are for kids. The others are either horror, action often with a lot of violence - you get the picture.

And I don't want to know the whole plot before I see a picture, so that is the risk one takes, of being bored etc.

I also have to admit that I often drop off to sleep in the cinema. If there is not a strong plot it is difficult to pick up the story when I have been to sleep for 10 minutes wink In the recent film with Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman there were lots of meaningful looks but no dialogue - no good for a sleeper.

• Posted

Nick your wasting your money you might as well stay home and put a CD on then if you miss any you can go back.
    • Posted

I don't have my computer linked up to my DVD. Watching a DVD of a film for 2 hours sitting at my desk does nothing for me. I don't mind a 30 min TV programme.

No, I like the whole film experience. I live only 20 mins away from one - I don't drive - it is an opportunity to get out.

I am just disappointed - that is the human condition. As for the film with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney of them in a space rocket. I preferred watching the pictures of George and his bride in Venice;(

• Posted

10) Citizen Kane ( it Just occurred to me )

Hope everybody is supplementing with 3000 ui vitamin D3

• Posted

A tip for everybody. A few weeks ago I sa "Frank". It's a little masterpiece. If you have a chance watch it. Goodnight everybody. Today the piano arrived and my little daughter is going to learn how to play it soon. At least I'll have a soundtrack during my withdrawal. Goodnight and God bless you! Manuel
  • Posted

I‘m probably the wrong person to be on this discussion, but Mirt. has helped my disposition. All I need now is something that can get me off my a_ _ and get motivated. I hadn’t dreamt for years, or if I did, I never remembered them. I think this is due to the AED’s I take. Since taking Mirt., I now have them, not all good, but I think just the fact of dreaming has changed my temperament for the better. And I sleep, another new experience.

As far as movies, “The Big Chill” is one of my favorites. Although it has moments of sadness and conflicts between friends and their failures and happiness, it also unites old bonds that are often lost in life. The background songs are fantastic. Others include “The Odd Couple”, “Mr. Roberts”, “The Bridge Over the River Kwai”, “Casablanca”, “Young Frankenstein”, “The Silver Streak”, and Marilyn Monroe movies.

One resource magazine I like is Neurology Now. It’s a free bi-monthly publican that covers a wide range of  neurological conditions for patients. I did a search for Mirt. but no resource articles came up.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the direct link as users can Google the title to find it if interested.

• Posted

Taffeta, darling.

Taffeta, sweetheart.

No, the dress is taffeta. It wrinkles so easily.

(Young Frankenstein)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.